Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

Article about: Hello, Russ: Very nice grouping. I think an added attraction to these helmets is the story behind Bulgaria's joining the Axis (virtually at gun point), and their refusal to deliver their Jew

?

Default Re: Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

Hello, Russ: Very nice grouping. I think an added attraction to these helmets is the story behind Bulgaria's joining the Axis (virtually at gun point), and their refusal to deliver their Jews to the Germans for extermination upon demand. Somehow, Hitler did not force them to do it. However, the Bulgarians did not protect the Jews in the areas they occupied, sadly. As the Russians overran Bulgaria the Bulgarians switched side (ever practical) and fought the Germans. Therefore, there are some wartime Bulgarian helmets with red stars that are WWII period, but I suppose it is impossible to tell if a star was applied during or post-war. I found above info in Wiki and other sites.

For more info on Bulgarian helmets, you will want to see the following:

http://www.nyc-techwriters.com/milit...an_helmets.htm
    http://www.shopbulgaria.com/products...yal-decal.html

Mike

Default Re: Bulgarian M36 Type A Post War Pick Up

Mike, thanks so much for the post and the info. I have a vuage idea of the story behind the 5 point red star on the Bulgian helmets, it's always great to learn more of the history and the details that surround the story.

Regards,

Russ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2