Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

bundesheer m58

Article about: just to share my latest purchase an austrian stahlhelm 2 ,dated 1969 usch 69 stamp in the shell ,liner is latter thermoplastic type but retaining the us riddell webbing style liner ,missing

Default bundesheer m58

just to share my latest purchase an austrian stahlhelm 2 ,dated 1969 usch 69 stamp in the shell ,liner is latter thermoplastic type but retaining the us riddell webbing style liner ,missing just its headband and chinstrap ,i have to give a big thanks to paul for gifting me a few spare bundesheer period helmet nets bundesheer m58bundesheer m58bundesheer m58bundesheer m58bundesheer m58bundesheer m58bundesheer m58

Your welcome James!!! and most resplendent they look too, on your Austrian stahlhelm!!! and interesting to see your latest addition also exhibits yet another Austrian liner marked with the yellow wax "X" presumably for disposal/marked unfit for parade use!!????!!!!
    hope you don't mind !!!!!
    here's a couple of pics of one of my M58 showing the Early type M58 woven base helmet net and original early issue elastic band with metal clips as used as a sniper camo veil!!! (stowed and deployed, modelled by "Headley") !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bundesheer m58   bundesheer m58  

Very nice helmets and also nicely displayed !

many thanks bernhard and paul post away mate no problem ,great set up on your example thanks for the info regarding the x mark on the liner ,my m75 liner is marked in the same way and always wondered why ,you live and learn

Quote by Bernhard View Post
    Very nice helmets and also nicely displayed !
    I agree!...

?

Hi James , the first "M1 shaped" helmet I bought many,many years ago was this exact model, with the yellow X on top of the liner, very nice buddy, looks great with the net too.

Many thanks gary and good to hear from you