Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr M1A1 LL

Article about: Thought I would share one of the newest addition to my collection with you gents it arrived in the post a few days back with a companion helmet. The helmet is a Bundeswehr M1A1 LL the LL sta

?

Default Bundeswehr M1A1 LL

Thought I would share one of the newest addition to my collection with you gents it arrived in the post a few days back with a companion helmet. The helmet is a Bundeswehr M1A1 LL the LL stands for Luftlandtruppe (Air Land Troops Airborne ) it looks to have had a bit of a hard life but is in decent worn condition showing genuine usage and wear with a nice patina on the exterior of the shell.
    The interior of the helmet body is nicely ink marked in white 8415-12-127-1074 PSL 3/66 GroBe 66 sadly there is no size mark visable this particular example was produced in march of 1966 and is one I needed to compliment my Airborne ,Parachutist helmet collection .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr M1A1 LL   Bundeswehr M1A1 LL  

Bundeswehr M1A1 LL   Bundeswehr M1A1 LL  

this one looks like it's been on numerous jumps, 1966 mfg is a good find , it has a lot of field use looks good on display.

?

They are an interesting helmet BG and I am extremley happy to be able to finally add one to my shelf the condition of the helmet was one of the key factors in my decision to purchase this example as it oozes character and speaks of heavy usage .
    The harness was bent out of shape and quite stiff when I received it from it being shoved in side of the interior and IMO must have been stored for a number of years as such.
    It is currently hanging upside down by the chinstrap with a glass display head placed in the interior I will let gravity do all the work in straightening the straps out properly it may take some time though.

Regards Mark

?

She's a beauty Mark, and as BG stated it appears to have had much usage.

I am particularly fond of these models, especially due to the mix of styles and nations involved in the overall design.

?

Thanx Gary I could not agree more the first thing that catches ones attention when handling one of these helms is the weight they ate quite heavy and well designed .

Regards Mark

Very nice mark the age and overall wear and tear are of a huge appeal to my taste's, your shell maker would be PLS, paul Schulze of lubeck and the size ( GroBe) would be a 66 and as battle gear kindly pointed out dated 1966

?

Thanks James muchly appreciated I shall update my file on this one with the Manufactures information and I feel the same way my self much of the appeal is that it shows definate signs of being used.

Regards Mark

your welcome mate and glad to help out ,the exchange of info is what makes the forum tick