Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone Identify this helmet?

Article about: Again this is one that I have had about 40 years. It has been on a shelf in the garage. I had thought it was a Czech helmet but can't confirm. In addition to identifying it I would like to k

Default Can Anyone Identify this helmet?

Again this is one that I have had about 40 years. It has been on a shelf in the garage. I had thought it was a Czech helmet but can't confirm.
    In addition to identifying it I would like to know it's current value in the marketplace. Thanks in advance for any help.

Boatron

?

Default Re: Can Anyone Identify this helmet?

It's a Czech m1930 helmet, I don't know what they currently sell for. These are better known for use by the International brigades during the Spanish Civil War.

Steve.

?

I agree, it's Czech vz30. No idea on value, haven't seen one for sale yet. A Vz29 was for sale on ebay and sold for 30$, Vz32's seem to go for around 100-150 euros. I imagine a vz30 is somewhere between in terms of value.

Nitram

Thanks. As I said I haven't paid much attention to it for a couple of decades. I vaguely remebered it as Czech, but wasn't sure. The folks on theis website are allot more savvy than I, so I thought that I would ask.

My wife would like for me to sell all 17 of my helmets. But I'm not sure I want to.
    Boatron

Vz29 is more common then the Vz30 so I would actually value it higher then a Vz29.
    Think I've seen them go for around 250 dollar on Ebay a couple of times.

Boatron,

These Czech M30,s used in the Spanish Civil war are worth somewhat more than a plain black Vz 29 or a tan Vz32. Your helmet is a Spanish used one. The very crude olive green paint is a give away. The liner is still original. The Czech ones usually were of a more brownish hue.

You should be able to command a better price tahn $ 100,-. Check out Ebay.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

I agree with Emile. I bought Spanish-issued one in November from a dealer for $150.00. However, it also came with a Falangist helmet badge on the front bracket.