Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?

Article about: The Iranians purchased German helmets in the seventies. This one in the clip is one of them, no doubt! Emile

Iranian Helmet Shell with painted insignia on ebay

judging by the liner holes this appears to be a West German M61 paratrooper helmet shell

Iranian Helmet Shell | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?   can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?  

can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?   can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?  

Last edited by battle gear; 09-22-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Default Iranian soldier wearing a British Turtle Shell style helmet

this Iranian has a British MK4 type helmet used during the Iran Iraq War.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?  

An interesting picture Battlgear ,i like the crude use of the tape tabs holding the safe passage if martyred headband ,the chinstrap looks like an earlier ww 2 period example perhaps a MK11 strap but cant be 100% percent

MAP
    ?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    this Iranian has a British MK4 type helmet used during the Iran Iraq War.
    And a tin of snuff in his pocket LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default helmets at the victory arch

many of the helmets probably ended up at the victory arch in Iraq or reused in the later Gulf Wars

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...ure-id73382707
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you ID the helmets used by these Iranian soldiers?  

Quote by James C View Post
    An interesting picture Battlgear ,i like the crude use of the tape tabs holding the safe passage if martyred headband ,the chinstrap looks like an earlier ww 2 period example perhaps a MK11 strap but cant be 100% percent
    he's probably wearing the MKIII helmet? with the same liner as the MKII with a screw and nut instead of the lift the dot type fastener

?

Adding these images to the thread. I'm not sure about it, it looks clean, but does have a similar texture to post #14.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    clumsy guy loading a G3 magazine with his barrel stuck in the dirt, Emile
    That is impressive skill at arms!! Off topic I know and I can't help with the helmets but that level of incompetence has to be highlighted

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default Group of Iranian soldiers during IRAN IRAQ WAR

here's an interesting wartime photo showing Iranian soldiers with steel helmets, probably modified West German shells.

...interesting long-running thread.....

Assuming #22 IS a Brit Turtle I'd say it's a 4 or 5 as the chin-strap attaches low down on the shell....and yes James...an old Brit strap too. I think one could build up one hell of a collection of lids from just Iran & Iraq...apparently they only went to war because they kept getting each others mail..... :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3