Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

civil defense or medic?

Article about: Hello all,can anyone provide info on this helmet,it was listed as civil defense,origin unknown.I tend to buy on impulse and this caught my eye...purchased for under \\$30[usd],Thanks for any i

?

Default Re: civil defense or medic?

Thanks Duke&Ade,my helmet was made by MSA in many styles,it is constructed of resin impregnated textiles for high temp applications for steel mills,fire dept,ect.&for the mining industry w/metal clips at front for lamps.Mine seems to be of an earlier model,maybe for steel industry which was adopted for fire fighting due to it's low cost compared to fire hats at the time,I believe the proper term for all are skullgard helmets.It became an easy fact hunt,mostly solved by you both&others..I wish the best to you both& all the members of the forum for the New Year..CHEERS!

here is a page out of a mining catalog from 1938 showing the skullguard helmet . I collect mining stuff too ! (I have too many collections )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture civil defense or medic?  

Its a old medic helmet from the danish "Civil forsvaret" - i have seen a lot of them for sale here i Denmark.

Hope is helps

/Mick

?

Wow Mick,I had laid that search to rest...with your new suggestion,it is awakened,Thank you,I will post any new info. Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2