Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Quote by hellschickie View Post
    I like the german lids too maybe in the future I try to buy one or more too, but they are crazy expensive so much that it takes out the joy of me. And not only that you have to be careful too for fakes and maybe there are so much fake out there that the real ones are just so hard to find that you're bound to end up with a fake in the end for too much money.

But yes there's more army helmets that are interesting too...
    There are many fakes, but learning about how to spot the good from the bad is extra satisfying The prices can be nuts though I agree.....

I'm thinking of making a little Stalingrad display so I will probably get one or two Russian lids in the future.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    thats a pretty nice selection, the good thing about these is they are not too expensve and make excellent displays

I like the Russian Ssh40 , it's dated 1957 and is a size 3 [Large] I always prefer to buy the large size because they are hard to find and they didnt make as many in size large

the white Bulagarian M51 / 72 helmet looks like winter snow camo, I wouldnt remove the paint on that one
    Yes its large alright, too big for my head thats for sure , but I did not realize that ... that the large ones are the rarest steel helmets.

The snow camo is real? your sure about that? because I've got the feeling someone had fooled around with this one helmet there used to be decals on each side too. Someone smeared over the lid and the decals what seem to be glue to keep the the decals in its place I think. Then later the both decals had been removed... Under the white camo theres the normal green paint...

wow neat collection. awesome helmets you have there i like the M1 clones ! (M1 collector mainly)

if you feel the snow camo is not original, you could always repaint or maybe try to make a field camo pattern like these Bulgarian hand painted camo helmets
    Attached Images Attached Images Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail  Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail  Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail  Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail 

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    wow neat collection. awesome helmets you have there i like the M1 clones ! (M1 collector mainly)
    Thanks Jank....Yep I am sure you like that the M1's ......as for me I like to get my hands on as much steel helmets as possible that makes it much easier for me to collect them..

Quote by battle gear View Post
    if you feel the snow camo is not original, you could always repaint or maybe try to make a field camo pattern like these Bulgarian hand painted camo helmets
    Interesting photos makes me wane get artistic right away, thanks for the tip

Your head has lovely eyes and great taste in headwear lol very nice collection.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Your head has lovely eyes and great taste in headwear lol very nice collection.
    Lolzzz your right she's a hottie I am happy to have her makes the lids come out nicely with her face, sometimes when I look at her closely I get the feeling she could watch me with her eyes at any moment.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    There are many fakes, but learning about how to spot the good from the bad is extra satisfying The prices can be nuts though I agree.....

I'm thinking of making a little Stalingrad display so I will probably get one or two Russian lids in the future.
    Well thats true but I am not that rich (like I said before) so I don't gamble on that, and I catch your drift about the russian lids they are nice too.

But I still don't pin point myself on one war area or type of helmet, I make it myself easy when I see a steel helmet that I still don't have I buy it... I always widen my few and maybe one day the helmets that aren't interesting now might be something special in the future

i mainly collect m1's but if i see a good helmet from another country ill no doubt get it i dont just collect m1's myself i just like them a bit more haha

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast