Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk2 and yours is in excellent condition i also like your dutch m34 but its a pity the liner is missing but an interesting design from the netherlands is the bronze orange-nassau insignia present your m1 clones are comming on well and i see youve got yourself an nice spanish modelloz and the tankie helmet looks to be a close copy of the US m1938 but which nation i cant tell you keep up the great work regards james

Update! Blue UN M1 helmet, more photos will come soon. What do you guys think? I think its a jewel. The seller told me it was complete so more photo's will come with this update

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

nice m1 i like it !

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk2 and yours is in excellent condition i also like your dutch m34 but its a pity the liner is missing but an interesting design from the netherlands is the bronze orange-nassau insignia present your m1 clones are comming on well and i see youve got yourself an nice spanish modelloz and the tankie helmet looks to be a close copy of the US m1938 but which nation i cant tell you keep up the great work regards james
    Thanks James about the white M51? well I though they look like this (see the photo please) the military police style...Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail not only the liner was very lose in the shell the paint is too new too is my idea. The belgium m49 I like it too it has a late decal and the liner is original but somehow different not very rare but it can't be missed in a diverse steel helmet collection either,and I have bought another M49 but this one has a bit different liner and a early hand painted decal too, once I have this helmet it I put the two M49's together and make a clear photo of it you'll spot the interesting differences. But somehow even though they are not rare I got the feeling that they are getting harder to find (or is it this just me?) About the dutch m34 some idiot before me had rubbed the top of the lid with sandpaper, I think I'll buy a better one someday with a liner when I do I see them come by now and then.The tank helmet I think its from England, correct me if I'm wrong. The modeloZ helmet I like that one its really old the liner too, I've got the front emblem but the bird is missing its both legs ..too bad about that, but someone had offered me the same decal one new style and one older style both birds have their claws still I think I do that but they aren't cheap but what choice do I have? they are damn rare. Great to read your thoughts James, and don't worry I keep this up as long as I can

Update! My UN helmet, I can't find much info about this lid, numbers in the steel helmet is VDN 1\85
    Is 85 the year 1985?
    The inner helmet says SW81 year 1981? odd that means that the Inner helmet is older?
    Please if you know more I would love to hear about it. ThanksClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

the liner looks 80's to me .cheers

when i say that i mean 80's clone by the way .cheers

Hello Hellschickie,

You have a Dutch helmet made by Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke in 1985 as it says in the rim. The liner itself was produced by Schubert Werke in 1981. I believe VDN never did produce liners for The Netherlands, at least not that I am aware of. Liners and steel helmets were often mixed.

If you put this VDN shell next to an other M-1 clone, you'll notice a slight difference in shape.

Nice helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Hellschickie,

You have a Dutch helmet made by Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke in 1985 as it says in the rim. The liner itself was produced by Schubert Werke in 1981. I believe VDN never did produce liners for The Netherlands, at least not that I am aware of. Liners and steel helmets were often mixed.
    If you put this VDN shell next to an other M-1 clone, you'll notice a slight difference in shape.

Nice helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Heel erg bedankt Emile dit geeft wat meer licht op de zaak betreft deze helm die ik nu heb.

This gives me a good impression of the background of this type of helmet, I kinda worried that it wasn't original because of difference's of the years, but now I know that VDN did not make liners it all makes more sense to me.

Do you know what kind of missions it was involved in the past, I am also curious of its history whats its been true..

Oh and yes I also notice a slight difference in shape with my other M1 clones your right

Cheerzzz

Very nice and diverse collection. I particularly like the Swiss helmet design. It looks to me a combination of medieval and modern style. Of course, the DDR lid looks like Star Wars copied it. You need an Adrian helmet or two as well

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast