Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Quote by col james View Post
    some superb updated pictures HC ,you dont do things by halves do you ,i thought im nuts about helmets ,i think you win hands down ,right some great additions i notice the belgium m49 has a leather chinstrap not seen this type before , is the us m1 heatstamped at all it might be a vintage shell look near the front underside you will need good eyesight in the right lighting conditions ,the grey polish m67 is in great shape and bears the letters MO for milcja obywatelska (national military) and has the military eagle device stencilled , i would leave the decal on the spanish m26 for now its not doing any harm and more research might reveal its true purpose it was put there for a reason so do your homework and im glad you purchased it in the end internally i can see the difference in the paint inside the liner this is the original pre war 2 paint colour ,i agree on the british mk5 turtle being comfy ,i also like the fact you are trying them on your head i also do this within reason depending on the condition etc but dont tell anybody sssh , i very much like the early ww2 period swedish m21/18 the sheil decals were added during the 2nd world war the metal sheild on the front is the swedish emblem of the 3 crowns i know its definately ww2 period because of the raised comb not to be confused with the japanese type 90 even the liner is similar treasure this one ,very nice desirable first pattern m56 another great purchase the latter versions have more of a flat dome and turned upsidedown dont roll over ,so some great lids to your ever growing collection keep up the good work hchickie
    Aww thanks James thats true I am nuts about these lids buying these things like crazy, the belgium m49 is in fact a greek MKII see the link --->Google Vertalen so I am sure its quite rare not common for sure.. about the US M1? I'll need to get to that later because the seller need to sent it to me. milcja obywatelska? yeah I had a feeling that this one would be from a military police or what you said national military I took a good look for reference and I am sure thats original not painted to make it sell better. And I always try my helmet on and then I sit nicely in front of a mirror trying to look cool as possible and what I can see it made a chain reaction of fellow military collectors that share the same secret as us even grab a gun to have the same feeling The decal on the spanish m26 I leave it on as long I don't have any true information about it I don't know what it is but I am quite fond about the british mk5 turtle really love the head petting and green rough paint on the shell.I am even more found about swedish m21/18 because its really old the leather really needed some love and care it was all drayed up maybe it wasn't cared for a long time who knows? And then the shield its a piece of art and on top of that it has decals on each side and a comb so it does roll over like a dogie again I like it that you can enjoy it just like me these lids

I got some updates fellow lid lovers

polish-helmet-wz-67

There are some small sweat spot on the liner, but I've got the feeling that it hasn't seen much use though. Or the owner was very careful with it..

It smells like it had lay around in a hospitable, smells like new bandages

Quite new smell and the shell is like sparkle new

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Well a civil defense helmet, don't know if its something special but I do know I don't see much of these so I bought it, anyone knows more... whats in been through? Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

This one I like for sure a greek mark II under the paint the old paint from WW2 is visible and the unique shiny red brown liner that had been replaced to serve the greek soldiers once again happy to have this one because I don't see much of these Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

nice collection the wifes nice to !!

Here is my first real US M1 helmet, the last real steel M1 helmet before it was taken over by the more modern Kevlar helmet. It had seen some good use the shell, the liner looks new though. Wonder if it been on any missions? really wish helmets could talk. Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

This one is a true jewel of a helmet a M80 helmet and its all thanks to Rigglet that I could add this beauty to my collection (thanks again Rigglet ) When I look at this helmet it carry quite a story I imagine a bomb ripped off the helmet off the head from the Iraqi soldier (the broke chin strap) then the helmet had lay close by a heat source melted the helmet cover on top of the helmet and then the fire itself licked at the lid on top of it one time before someone had found this lid and took it with him (or her) Even though its not steel this helmet I like it very much maybe because it got same handsome shape as the M1 Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail
    Last edited by hellschickie; 12-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.

nice to see the new additions arrived safe and sound HC ,the polish wz 67 looks unissued to me so the mark on the liner might just be from storage ,is that a net stuffed into the liner?i honestly dont recognise the insignia on the yellow civil defence lid ,the liner looks similar to the british zuckerman ,nice m1 it looks to be one of the last type as it has the m75 chinstrap ,but you must purchase a nice nape strap for the liner it appears to be missing but there quite cheap to pick up ,im loving the iraqi m80 its nice to see the all green version for a change i also like your very vivid thoughts on how it met its demise i dont think it was dramatic as that though most if not all iraqi m80's show crown wear resulting in loss of paint and even composite material as in your case i think its from being dumped top down in the sand for a period of time ,it has some nice legible markings including the iraqi acceptance stamp (triangle) keep up the good work james

You're right about the WZ67 but still it got some dark sweat spots but very small, its hard to see on the photo I guess.Maybe its been used for a very short time? or hardly used. And you are right the net is stuffed under the liner thats unused for sure.The yellow civil helmet is a true helmet I found it on world war helmets site where I mostly look for information, stupid thing is I can't find it back again the information about this helmet. I also would like to put on a nap strap on this lid could you or anyone tell where I can find it? haha yea vivid thoughts maybe too vivid but hay who knows like I said before wish helmet could talk

Again thanks for your thoughts James

I wish you a happy new year and a good full of helmets 2013

Coming soon to the collection this inner helmet

It was only 5 euro and it seems that I didn't have this one,so I take a shot at it. I could not find any proper information about it

Don't know if its anything special, Vietnam? Korea? M1? I got the feeling thats too good to be true. Anyone knows more? please let me know...thanks

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast