Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

aha alright

nice m1 collection you have

Quote by col james View Post
    hi HC i notice now going back to your first thread page i see your polish wz50 with carefull viewing i notice it this time round initially i thought it was czech vz 53 i also like your hessian covered dutch m53 very similar to my example now the last liner you post is a bit of a mystery dsa stamped ground troops liner but fitted with 3 point chinstrap of a bundeswehr or austrian origin these are the only 2 countries that use this style of breakfree catch that i know of ,its a bit of a puzzler for sure
    Good to know now that its a helmet from Polen a WZ50, I should look out for a czech vz 53 also in the future when I come across one, the covered M53 is a nice filler to the collection I agree about that Col. And your right about the three point chin strap. Someone in the past had abused the liner so I did my best to restore the damage that was done to it, the sweat band inside is from another liner and also the the chinstrap it came from post war para m1 clone german helmet I guess.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Ryan Ballout View Post
    did you find this things or did you but them
    I buy them

There did my best to restore the Vietnam M1 liner, and undone and restore the abuse it had been through in the past. Also clean off the black paint but I couldn't save the original green paint that was right under it. Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

2 helmet to fill up the collection, and helmet front plates for the modeloZ Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

There a post modeloZ helmet, next to its war period brother, they make a nice duo for display. And a undamaged liner en chin strap, which looks quite different than its war time brother with leather chin strap and liner. A polish WZ civil defence helmet and as far as I can read about this helmet, the army never liked this model. Its almost complete, chin strap gone though. And I got a feeling its very hard to replace that, at this moment its standing next to the polish military helmet make it a nice pair for display. The paint I got my doubts about that, I am planning to recover the light green paint that's under the dark green paint, and the silver coloured paint is odd too thats inside the helmet A post war Italian helmet next its twin brother from Bulgaria, I need to keep a eye out for the M33 used in the war period.
    That's about it for the updates Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

very nice hellschickie ,the crested polish lid is nice ,it looks very much in the soviet style ,i like the way you have paired up your collection ,the shelving unit makes for a nice display ,great work HC
    Regards James

I also like the crested Polish helmet, those are hard to get over here in the US , I kind of like the look it has now, the old layers of paint show that it was used a lot for something

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I also like the crested Polish helmet, those are hard to get over here in the US , I kind of like the look it has now, the old layers of paint show that it was used a lot for something
    Well I keep a eye out for these helmets, then maybe I can send you one to trade against a helmet of yours that I don't have yet in my collection. That's just a idea, and I think your right about the paint. I leave it as it is then.

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice hellschickie ,the crested polish lid is nice ,it looks very much in the soviet style ,i like the way you have paired up your collection ,the shelving unit makes for a nice display ,great work HC
    Thanks I think they cloned the shell from the soviets James and I had made the shelf's (photo's are coming soon) but its already not enough because more helmets are coming still haha

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast