Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dainish M48

Article about: Hi all ok so here is my Danish made M48 ... CF issue (magnetic)... Early shell I think due to the numbering on the seam..soldiers number!!?? and the distinctive chinstrap bails pattern and w

Default Dainish M48

Hi all
    ok so here is my Danish made M48 ... CF issue (magnetic)... Early shell I think due to the numbering on the seam..soldiers number!!?? and the distinctive chinstrap bails pattern and welds.... CF stamped three times (see pics) looks to have been repainted very dark matt grey? .. and a later DKI plastic liner not marked CF but in CF grey..
    riveted chinstrap has pulled out .. must have had some force to do that I would imagine!! caught up on something I suppose!!..
    and the bonus item was the Dutch 2nd pattern composite cover (without rubber rim)!! which strangely seems to have lived all its life on an M1 shell due to the wear!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dainish M48   Dainish M48  

Dainish M48   Dainish M48  

Nice example Paul and interesting to see the raised bar buckles used on these like the Pre 44 US M1's

Thanks James... its actually an optical illusion on the buckle its just a plain flat blackened brass type..

Oops sorry Paul my mistake was this a W+P pickup ?

No problem James.. I picked this example up on the second to last Chatham militaria fair...on the last one of this year..I found an unissued example!!!... Typical!!!..but I'm still happy..as my one came with the nice early Dutch helmet cover!!!!
    Last edited by austromunga; 12-30-2016 at 03:59 PM.

I agree, thats a nice example of a Danish M48 , these different variants are like hidden gems of the helmet collecting hobby

most of my collection are non US helmets from around the world

Excellent helmet, with the more "rare" black CF stamp.

The number stamped on the seam is the production number.
    As far as I have been able to tell, they are all different on the helmets made in Denmark.
    If I had the time, I would like to find out how many in total were made.
    Should be possible, because of good archival material - but time consuming.

However, I am happy to see that these Danish helmets now are collectible in their own right.
    It warms my heart, as more of them are saved from the scrap pile or a re-enactment refurbish.

Hi guys!!.... if anyone's interested?? i just found what seems to be a complete nice M48 CF issue with the resonated liner on eBay!! hope the reserve the seller set isn't too high!!!

Danish m48 (euroclone) military/civil defense helmet with fiber/resin liner. | eBay