Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Danish M48 M1 clone

Article about: Hey guys, Got this M48 today. Was hoping it had the old US M1 WWII shell, but no... Only saw a couple of pics of it on the net, was very cheap and when I saw the S/S lip on the shell I thoug

Hi James the chin cup I have is flexible...due to long period of storage and lack of use most likely!! but it seems to be made of the of the type of plastic that with a little age and UV damage would become very brittle!!! the dealer I bought mine from had several shell liner combos and a huge stack of just liners!!! some had chin cups missing others already exhibiting crack damage but some were mint!! ..., but at £3 each either way ..you couldn't really complain!!! just wish I had bought some now!!!..... alias funds had run out at that point!!! and the last time I looked on his stall most had already gone!!!

thanks mate ,im just trying to build up a picture of why gary's is missing and if brittle it explains a lot ,thanks for the info

A very excellent!
    The Danish police M1 clones are hard to find in Denmark, for some reason.
    I think many of them were sold of, and ended up on the international market.

Thank you for sharing

?

Quote by James C View Post
    i missed out on one of these myself for one reason or another and if i recall very economical on the wallet ,i too was going to comment on the chincup ,austro can i ask if its a flexible plastic or maybe rigid and prone to breakage ,the decal sure does look well and a shame its hidden away on the liner but i guess a great way of preservation ,thanks for showing james
    Hiya James, thanks Mate, the cost was £19.99 all in in, which sit's under my normal budget expenditure for a helmet, so I was very pleased to source this one, it is a shame it is missing the plastic chin-cup, however judging by the example that Austo showed it look's very similar to the type of chin-cup featuring on a chainsaw helmet, I have a chainsaw helmet so I might try this option and see how it look's.

?

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Hi James the chin cup I have is flexible...due to long period of storage and lack of use most likely!! but it seems to be made of the of the type of plastic that with a little age and UV damage would become very brittle!!! the dealer I bought mine from had several shell liner combos and a huge stack of just liners!!! some had chin cups missing others already exhibiting crack damage but some were mint!! ..., but at £3 each either way ..you couldn't really complain!!! just wish I had bought some now!!!..... alias funds had run out at that point!!! and the last time I looked on his stall most had already gone!!!
    Wow...£3.00 I would loved to have visited that dealer on the day, great input as ever mate

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    A very excellent!
    The Danish police M1 clones are hard to find in Denmark, for some reason.
    I think many of them were sold of, and ended up on the international market.

Thank you for sharing
    Many,many thanks for the compliment, as before I could not find any information or reference pictures of these models in use, where they issued for a short period of time perhaps?

They do indeed seem to be for sale over here in the UK in large consignments

Quote by Opex View Post
    Many,many thanks for the compliment, as before I could not find any information or reference pictures of these models in use, where they issued for a short period of time perhaps?

They do indeed seem to be for sale over here in the UK in large consignments
    I have absolutely no idea for how long they were used... But in the late 1960s - 1970s, they seem to have been redrawn.
    But I am not certain. I will try to look into it...

well gary at that price it was a no brainer why i didnt pick up one at the time im not sure perhaps i got side tracked you know how it is all i can say is your pictures look far better than the sellers ,great idea about sourcing a replacement cup ive seen this style on 3 point hard hats too like the type bt engineers use ,its an eye opener that these are hard to find in denmark ,this has been a very interesting thread indeed

?

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    I have absolutely no idea for how long they were used... But in the late 1960s - 1970s, they seem to have been redrawn.
    But I am not certain. I will try to look into it...
    Many thanks again, if you could find out some information of these helmets in use then that would be very interesting for my ongoing research

?

Quote by James C View Post
    well gary at that price it was a no brainer why i didnt pick up one at the time im not sure perhaps i got side tracked you know how it is all i can say is your pictures look far better than the sellers ,great idea about sourcing a replacement cup ive seen this style on 3 point hard hats too like the type bt engineers use ,its an eye opener that these are hard to find in denmark ,this has been a very interesting thread indeed
    Thanks James, yes it was cheap so could not resist, however the Danish Army version is still for sale too that I mentioned to you, so I will try and source that one as well, as I do not have the Army version only these CF/Police versions.

I will try the hard hat chin-cup route and see what it look's like, thanks for looking and your kind words as ever

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast