Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

did the French Zouaves use this type of badge during WWII? 3rd regiment?

Article about: would this type of badge be correct to use on a WWII French M26 helmet? did they use this Zouaves 3rd regiment badge? would it be something used during the Italian campaign like the Battle o

Default did the French Zouaves use this type of badge during WWII? 3rd regiment?

would this type of badge be correct to use on a WWII French M26 helmet? did they use this Zouaves 3rd regiment badge?

would it be something used during the Italian campaign like the Battle of Monte Cassino?

A0384 WWI II French Zouaves 3rd Helmet Plate Adrian | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images did the French Zouaves use this type of badge during WWII? 3rd regiment? 

?

Here are the only images I could find of these badges fitted to an M26 helmet, both look to be original to me. I can't find any period photos (so far)

The badges may not have been standard and possibly transferred from M15 helmets.

Here's a photo of a WWII M26 with the letters RF used by the African Colonial forces, it looks original
    Attached Images Attached Images did the French Zouaves use this type of badge during WWII? 3rd regiment? 

?

This link is to a helmet site in French and is possible the best reference you will find on Adrian helmets. The M15 section has a selection of badges, although not showing a 3rd reg badge does have an 11th reg. The M26 section also show many badges but only the one you posted above or the Colonial troops
    .: World War Helmets - France :.

The flat top of the badge as apposed to the full circle I believe indicates that it is a M15 badge.

The pictures I added were from a French blog, and reading it, there is some doubt cast on the originality of the top picture. I'm certainly not confident enough contradict or agree with it.

Here's a link to an earlier posting for Colonial M26 helmets, with pictures of the one in my collection.

m26 adrian north africa helmet

I think they probably would have continued using the earlier M15 badge along with the later round style badges

I have a WWII M26 with the earlier 1915 type Infantry badge

Hello

I confirm M15 insigna were worn with Early Mle 26.

Now that said, be carefull on customized or hand made insignas. They are not difficult to reproduce.

Bruno