Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you know more info on this helmet?

Article about: My Dad is very proud of his helmet, but doesn't know what country it is from or any information behind. I would love to find more info on his helmet to present to him. I've attached some pic

Default Do you know more info on this helmet?

My Dad is very proud of his helmet, but doesn't know what country it is from or any information behind. I would love to find more info on his helmet to present to him. I've attached some pictures. It has a six point star on the front. And the number 7 on the inside. Any help would be appreciated! In my research I haven't found a helmet that looks like this, but I am very much a novice & I'm sure there are hundreds of helmets out there!

Thanks in advance!
    *Bonnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know more info on this helmet?   Do you know more info on this helmet?  

Do you know more info on this helmet?   Do you know more info on this helmet?  

Do you know more info on this helmet?  

It is Swiss. No idea about the star on it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric! Someone else said Swiss or Dutch, but I could never find one with the star on it. Maybe it's a particular ranking or something like that. I appreciate your help. I'll research more on the Swiss helmets!

That is Svisss. All jokes aside they are well made and getting harder to find. timothy

Thanks Timothy! Would you happen to know anything about the six pointed star?

No that is a new one on me kind of looks like a Israli star of David I have never seen on with a star. If authonic might be rare just don't know so don't like to guess maybe some one will join that knows for sure. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    No that is a new one on me kind of looks like a Israli star of David I have never seen on with a star. If authonic might be rare just don't know so don't like to guess maybe some one will join that knows for sure. timothy
    Thanks again!!

?

I am just guessing but maybe the star is for a unit insignia

I have seen these Swiss helmets with the Swiss Cross on the front of them, but have no clue on this 6 pointed star!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The emblem has been scratched into the textured paint, so not
    a military insignia as we know it. My guess is a 'Star of David'
    as well.

These are surplus from the 50's-60's, and there are still plenty
    of them around today - I paid $20 for one three years ago.
    They have a similar shape and design to German
    helmets, and some people get fooled into
    believing they are.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you know more info on this helmet?   Do you know more info on this helmet?  

Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast