Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Don't know the type

Article about: If I rub that helmet with a cloth with acetone, firstly little spots of the red paint vanish. So I have to continue with rubbing. But when I do that, I rub away the original colour in those

?

Default Re: Don't know the type

well ive never tried it give it ago & see what happens ?????

It doesn't work.... I'll buy polish remover with acetone somewhere.... But for today it's enough.I'll post my next trial.
    good evening. (Or are you in America?) well here it's nine o clock in the evening.

bye

If you can use paint stripper you can dilute it with water and reduces the strength of it, may be worth taking your time to look for paint stripper
    hope this help's and good luck with it,
    cheer's Ronnie

?

im in the uk & its 8:10pm here so yes good evening & hope you do better when ya get some good luck mate

?

Try to clean the place where the decals very carefully, then cover the decals if they are on the place with the layer of vaseline, wrap the helmet to the old clothings and place it to the plastic bag, intensively add to the clothing acetone or nitro dissolver ( better) close the bag and wait 30min-1 hour, if that's work, the old paint must be easily removed. Repeat the process if necessary. The old paint must not be gone, due of different technology
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Okay... thanks for the answers. I'll try these methods out.
    I have buyed a nail polish remover now. I tried it. (only the underpart)
    I'm not very satisfied with the result. At some places the red paint really refuses to vanish, and at some places the original paint vanishes.
    With the piece of cloth, I rubbed the original paint as well. ( look at the front) So I did it with my finger.

@ Dimas:

What do you mean with "different technology"? When it was painted directly after the war, it's probably the same technology ? Or isn't that possible?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Don't know the type  

?

thats looking realy good mate keep it up

Rick
    ?

I have a feeling that this helmet is going to look great when finished, i want one to try.

Keep up the good work and hope you find something great under the paint.
    Ps any stamp or batch numbers showing???

Regards
    Rick.

?

Slightly late on the thread ...

Sometimes if the paint (The red paint in this case) has been applied thickly, ... believe it or not, boiling water will soften the thick overpaint layer, and for a few minutes while it's still hot, the paint will in some cases peel off ...

I did this once on an M1916 German helmet, and the peeled paint revealed a camo paint job underneath.

Gary J.

?

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Slightly late on the thread ...

Sometimes if the paint (The red paint in this case) has been applied thickly, ... believe it or not, boiling water will soften the thick overpaint layer, and for a few minutes while it's still hot, the paint will in some cases peel off ...

I did this once on an M1916 German helmet, and the peeled paint revealed a camo paint job underneath.

Gary J.
    wow really thats good to know i'll have to keep that in mind if i ever find anything similar thanks for the tip

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast