Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26

Article about: Hello All, I first want to thank Aldo for his assistance and my education on these Eagle's. He explained which one's were for what time frame and also pointed me in the right direction as to

?

Default The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26

Hello All,
    I first want to thank Aldo for his assistance and my education on these Eagle's.
    He explained which one's were for what time frame and also pointed me in the right direction as to where I could find what I was searching for.
    Thank You Sir!!
    I picked up 2 different Type's. A #3 and a #4 version.

The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26

Here they are on the helmet.

I like the larger one , But the condition of the smaller fits the wear on the helmet.
    What do you think??

Thank you again Al!! I appreciate all the help and questions you answered!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great pick ups ! The smaller eagle looks right with the helmet as you said because of the similar wear pattern. The large eagle is grand and would look good on or off a helmet. I’m glad I could help you find these. Nice pics Phil
    Al

?

I agree, The larger one is more flashy .but considering the wear and patina, The smaller does look more realistic.

Here are some more around the block pic's of the M26.
    Click to enlarge.
    The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26The Eagle's Have Landed Spanish M26
    I now feel that it is complete thanks to your help.
    It just looks so much better!

Thanks Again Al!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

That is a nice helmet “Trubia con alla“, nice original liner too

?

Very nice Phil. Never seen that helmet with the badge before . I have some shoulder boards floating around somewhere . Gary

I agree, The larger one is more flashy .but considering the wear and patina, The smaller does look more realistic.

Here are some more around the block pic's of the M26.
    Click to enlarge.

I now feel that it is complete thanks to your help.
    It just looks so much better!

Thanks Again Al!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil[/QUOTE]

Very Nice Phil

I agree, the smaller tarnished one matches the overall wear and size of the helmet best

a large badge on a small helmet looks out of proportion

Been a few years on your want's list so i'm glad you finally managed to source a few examples of the Francoist Eagle Phil ,Well done and nicely displayed on your M26 too
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Been a few years on your want's list so i'm glad you finally managed to source a few examples of the Francoist Eagle Phil ,Well done and nicely displayed on your M26 too
    Thanks James,
    Yes it has been a few years James, I remember we had a discussion about these when I first mentioned I would like to add one to this helmet and you offered your assistance in trying to see if you could find one on your side of the pond. I couldn't find one either for all those years , Until given some outstanding advice and help. I had to go to the Home Country to find these.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Just sorry i drew a blank Phil but glad you finally added an example ,well worth the wait too Bud
    Regards James