MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

East German NVA M56 helmets

Article about: Hi guys here I have a first pattern M56 East German helmet. The M56 was produced by Eisen und Hütte AG and the liners by VEB Sattler und Taucha Lederwarenfabrik. The design was originally a

factory bolt of the later type nets.

Nice Haul there Rene' i still have the early net with draw string you kindly gifted Croatia used the MOL camo in moderation and would not of used the East German netting on there M56's which i did for display purposes only ,here is a Croation Serb Beret in the MOL 68 pattern material East German NVA M56 helmets

Quote by James C View Post
    Yugoslavian MOL 68 camo was also in Usage by CroatiaAttachment 1365765Attachment 1365764
    Is this MOL 68 cover draw string like the one I have showed or it is one made after DDRs hood like covers?

No drawstring but simply a section tucked up into the helmet liner of an East German M56 from my collection and not wanting to stray to far off topic my main point was to highlight that the MOL 68 pattern was in Moderate use by Croatia ,i have seen other loose fitting covers in the same pattern with the Croatian coat of arms patch affixed ,the most common found MOL 68 camo suitable for helmet covers is the Sniper hood but better suited to the Yugoslavian M59 East German NVA M56 helmetsEast German NVA M56 helmetsEast German NVA M56 helmetsEast German NVA M56 helmets
    Regards James

I love the design and aesthetics of the DDR steel helmets. I own a couple myself. I read an article some where that said that present day Bundeswehr soldiers are collecting them because they are so stylish compared to the present Kevlar design. Ironic considering how close the Kevlar looks to the German m-40. I must agree. If I had an army, I would issue the DDR helmet to them.

So i have an odd one for you guys to figure out...

My M56 has the later liner (with plastic thingy) as as for markings, it has the II with 11 stamped underneath (where the size would be) and no date underneath that.
    anyone know more about this?

due to buggy picture upload system on this site, check this imgur link for the picture: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Mate, I for one would prefer the pictures to be posted here...I won't go off-site to see them - sorry.

Hundreds if not thousands of us cope with the "buggy picture upload system" when we really want folk to see what we've got / want folks to help. Thanks.

+1

Quote by Composite View Post
    Mate, I for one would prefer the pictures to be posted here...I won't go off-site to see them - sorry.

Hundreds if not thousands of us cope with the "buggy picture upload system" when we really want folk to see what we've got / want folks to help. Thanks.
    I agree, this is like saying "I want you to look at something to help me but you need to go and fetch it first" and using a complaint about the picture upload feature as an excuse doesn't fly either. It is very effective and easy to use. The only slight annoyance is that it will only upload one image at a time rather than in groups but that is not a major issue. As Ade says, quite a large number of members use it successfully.

The other point here is that links to images for discussion are generally frowned on in the forum because that link will disappear making the discussion of the item useless for future reference.

We are not being difficult and most of us love to help, it's part of the enjoyment of the forum.

If you want to ask for help, post the pictures direct to the forum and I have no doubt you will get plenty of assistance.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by JustAGuy1250 View Post
    So i have an odd one for you guys to figure out...

My M56 has the later liner (with plastic thingy) as as for markings, it has the II with 11 stamped underneath (where the size would be) and no date underneath that.
    anyone know more about this?

due to buggy picture upload system on this site, check this imgur link for the picture: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    You won't get much help on here if you are too bone idle to load your pictures up, and deservedly so too. Most of us take a great deal of time and effort to post pictures on this website, so maybe you just might understand if we get a bit irritated by your attitude. You know how to post pictures, because you have done it before.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast