Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

experiment with simple mud camoflage

Article about: Thanks very much for that, battle gear. New knowledge for me! Best Regards,

Default experiment with simple mud camoflage

did the Russians ever brush mud on their helmets like this for camo in Afghanistan or other areas?

I brushed a thin coat on this Russian helmet for an experiment and it looks like it would work well for desert camo for that sand /dusty look in the middle east.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture experiment with simple mud camoflage  

Default Re: experiment with simple mud camoflage

This was done in the GPW.

Cheers, Ade.

kinda looks like my equipment and clothing after an exercise at Driffield Driver Traing Area

this Iranian soldier has a thick coat of dried mud on his helmet for camo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture experiment with simple mud camoflage   experiment with simple mud camoflage  

experiment with simple mud camoflage   experiment with simple mud camoflage  

JBR
    ?

Interesting pictures, Battlegear. Is that a locally made helmet, I wonder? I've only seen pictures of Iranian troops using German M60-types.

When the DAK first arrived in North Africa, their armour was painted in the German standard Dark Grey-an unsuitable colour for the desert-mud was brushed on to the tanks to tone down and blend in with the local terrain until a suitable paint could be provided.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This was done in the GPW.

Cheers, Ade.
    I had to scratch my head for a while to figure out what GPW was, but then I remembered what you like to do at the weekends, tovarisch

?

For others wondering about GPW. The Great Patriotic War 1941-1945. It's soon 9th of May Black & Orange ribbons will be all over Russia on cars, purses, "children wagons/karts". My daughters kart will have one as well of course. "Sadly" i will not take part as i should be out on the Battlefields. Digging team tradition.

Regards, Lars

nice work battle gear ,its quite effective and hot desert conditions are ideal for the longevity of the coating ,i doubt it would last long in the united kingdom though
    Regards James

Quote by JBR View Post
    Interesting pictures, Battlegear. Is that a locally made helmet, I wonder? I've only seen pictures of Iranian troops using German M60-types.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...helmet-156102/

JBR,

Iranian steel helmets of the Iraq-Iran war of the 80's.They were formerly West German M-1 1956 steel helmets with the shortened brims and modified liner

West German M60 / M62 helmets were also used by the Iranians
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture experiment with simple mud camoflage   experiment with simple mud camoflage  

experiment with simple mud camoflage   experiment with simple mud camoflage  

Attached Images Attached Images experiment with simple mud camoflage 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast