Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finnish model 40

Article about: Here is my m40 made by Värtsilä company. I just got this yesrday. Nice original Värtsilä-decal, little surface rust spots here and there, otherwise very nice and unmolested. Enjoy and give m

?

Default Finnish model 40

Here is my m40 made by Värtsilä company. I just got this yesrday. Nice original Värtsilä-decal, little surface rust spots here and there, otherwise very nice and unmolested. Enjoy and give me some opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish model 40   Finnish model 40  

Finnish model 40   Finnish model 40  

Finnish model 40  
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Finnish model 40

nice .

?

Default Re: Finnish model 40

cool helmet, nice jar too.

Brad.

?

Once again, I am underwhelmed by the lack of excitement over this rare helmet. [There is ONE other thread about a Wartsila, and no one seemed to care there either.] I have read that only about 6,000 Finnish M40's survived being melted down after WWII. That makes it a rare helmet. I just received my Wartsila in the mail from Finland yesterday, so I am happy (although the liner and chinstrap appear to be postwar). I guess if it isn't German, people don't care much. Where did you get your M40? Jack

Quote by Jack View Post
    Once again, I am underwhelmed by the lack of excitement over this rare helmet. [There is ONE other thread about a Wartsila, and no one seemed to care there either.] I have read that only about 6,000 Finnish M40's survived being melted down after WWII. That makes it a rare helmet. I just received my Wartsila in the mail from Finland yesterday, so I am happy (although the liner and chinstrap appear to be postwar). I guess if it isn't German, people don't care much. Where did you get your M40? Jack
    Jack, it's nothing personal if there aren't many comments. The Finnish collecting community is small here just like it is outside Finland. Finnish items are the most collected in Finland, above German or anything else.

?

Cozone a very nice example, of which I not familiar with at all,so thank you very much for posting it here and raising the profile of these uncommon Helmets

to my untrained eye it looks similar to the swedish m/37 in shell profile ,i must admit its a helmet ive never even heard of before today ,jack im sorry on behalf of the steel helmet forum members if you feel they havent shown much interest in the op's thread ,its nothing personel ,items can slip through the net unoticed and its obviously a helmet you are very passionate about so good job you bumped this 2 year old thread
    Regards James

?

Default Latest addition

Estate found with int44 stamped rucksack and emptied 45mm Soviet AP grenade.
    I bought the nade earlier(10+ years ago) and was able to buy this helmet and the rucksack few weeks ago.

This helmet has a replaced cloth strap and seem to be repainted, as there are brush marks inside/outside.
    Possible wartime overhaul.

Finnish model 40Finnish model 40
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish model 40   Finnish model 40  

There are 2 on ebay atm.
    Very nice helmet.

Nice helmet and i like the condition , a rare helmet thank you for showing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast