Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Firefight helmet????

Article about: Look whats on top of the helmet does anyone know more?

Default Firefight helmet????

Look whats on top of the helmet does anyone know more? Firefight helmet????Firefight helmet????Firefight helmet????

Default Re: Firefight helmet????

Cut down M34 fire police helmet - post-war mod possibly for bike rider.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Cut down M34 fire police helmet - post-war mod possibly for bike rider.
    Thanks for the info Meyle, now its a bit more clear to me.

i totally agree on it being a cut down m34 you can see where the top comb would have been fixed to the shell ,i wonder if any countries adopted this style post war to be there airborne helmet the conversion looks to good to be a d,i,y conversion ,the only comparison i know of on cut down helmets is the czechoslovakian m40/42 which was a cut down version of the stahlhelm m40 or 42 ,so to recap is this a one off ,or one of many or just a complete fantasy helmet who knows ,james

Cut down M34. I don't know of any nation or service using these in this config post war, but who knows. It would look cool riding a 1960's Triumph at least

I wouldn't suspect another country would use a light weight civil helmet as a paratrooper helmet. Especially with the number of combat helmets surrendered. Interesting modification though.

I think it could also be a early modified helmet used by West German Special operations like the GSG9 anti terrorist group

cheers battle gear at least were on the same wavelength ,thought i was going crazy