Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French Adrian Helmet

Article about: Gday All, My only French Item is this Adrian Helmet....It has a dome stamp Industrie Marseille Hope you Like it... My camera battery died on me, hence the few photos

?

Default Re: French Adrian Helmet

Quote by stuka f View Post
    It is a 1926 model; made of one piece.
    |<
    Thankyou for that mate....but weren't these helmets made right up until the 60's?

The M26 helmet continued in use with the French army until after World War II, and was also used by the French police up to the 1970s. In other countries the Adrian-type helmets were also in use with the fire-fighting units, railway guards or marine infantry.
    As stated the last sentence in Adrian helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    The M26 helmet continued in use with the French army until after World War II, and was also used by the French police up to the 1970s. In other countries the Adrian-type helmets were also in use with the fire-fighting units, railway guards or marine infantry.
    As stated the last sentence in Adrian helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks very much mate..

Your welcome!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Hi. Nice Adrian helmet and with the liner to, we find adrians but most have the liners gone, i have a nice 15 Patt complete i bought it in the sixties for two pounds ten shillings,lol. but it is issued to Belgium, you will find the difference in the two as the 15 Patt, is made up of four parts, IE, the Dome, rear peak and front peak, then the comb on the top. it has a bead around it to hold the dome on, hope this helps.
    Dave,

?

All info is good info, thanks mate....learning all the time

Hi,
    Iv put up some pics of my 15 Patt Belgium helmet thought you might like to compare, it was all complete until when i left home many years ago my brother got hold of it and removed the badge.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Adrian Helmet   French Adrian Helmet  

French Adrian Helmet  

?

Any chance you can find the badge, this looks to be Imperial Russin by the shape left by the badge and the colour of the helmet and very expensive if you can find one.

Hi Tinhat,
    I have looked for one but no luck, but it is Belgium as it did have the Belgium lion on it when i got it, but as said my stupid brother took the badge off. i will only replace it if i can find an original, i hate repros.
    dave.

PS, Under the head band you can still see the old khaki blanket padding.

Just sold mine!
    French Adrian Helmet

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast