Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French Adrian Helmet

Article about: Gday All, My only French Item is this Adrian Helmet....It has a dome stamp Industrie Marseille Hope you Like it... My camera battery died on me, hence the few photos

Default Re: French Adrian Helmet

The Adrian Helmet family is one of the reason i sometimes feel ashamed of being a french....
    He's on the top 3 ugluiest helmets of the world ,beside Romanian and Duth ones.

Don't be ashamed, I think think they look nice!
    I do prefere the WWI one's
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Tinhat,
    I have looked for one but no luck, but it is Belgium as it did have the Belgium lion on it when i got it, but as said my stupid brother took the badge off. i will only replace it if i can find an original, i hate repros.
    dave.

PS, Under the head band you can still see the old khaki blanket padding.
    I still have a relic with his original lion's head attached to, Not sure what I am going to do with it...
    cheers
    |

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    The Adrian Helmet family is one of the reason i sometimes feel ashamed of being a french....
    He's on the top 3 uglyiest helmets of the world ,beside Romanian and Duth ones.
    the WWI M1915 Adrian is a very flimsy, lightweight design, I dont know why they designed such a fragile helmet? it looks good for parades, but I wouldnt want to wear one in combat, it almost feels like I could easily smash one if I stomped on it with heavy combat boots , it almost feels as thin as a tin can

the later M26 Adrian is an improvement, the shell is a one piece design made of better steel and feels a little heavier

I like the French M26 design better

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the WWI M1915 Adrian is a very flimsy, lightweight design, I dont know why they designed such a fragile helmet? it looks good for parades, but I wouldnt want to wear one in combat, it almost feels like I could easily smash one if I stomped on it with heavy combat boots , it almost feels as thin as a tin can

Some officers had leather, papier maché and cork helmets.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Very nice Adrian helmet, AMTG! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Here is my French m15 Adrian helmet.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Adrian Helmet   French Adrian Helmet  

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    He's on the top 3 ugluiest helmets of the world ,beside Romanian and Duth ones.
    Please keep these comments to yourself and don't post here if you want to insult someone's newest addition to the collection. It's a lovely and good looking helmet!

Hi,
    Thanks for showing your Adrian helmet stuka i like it, and Ingrid,s to i like the design of them. and when you think they were the first metal helmet to be designed and used in W.W.1 they couldnt have been that bad, after all they did the job. i must admit they are not everyones best collectable but if you like the history of the two wars they should be in a collection.
    Dave.

Hi,Sebfrench,
    You say you are sometimes ashamed of being French because of the Adrian helmet, you should never be ashamed of your country. They are a great little helmet and used by so many countries also, I must say i am with you on the Dutch helmet now that for me is Ugly,lol. The only British helmet i dont like is the british Mk4, ( Turtle shell )
    i had to wear one of those and never liked it. I dont think there was many british soldiers who did.
    dave.

Hey Dave,
    Here are some pic's of my best and my worst Belgian WWI Adrian.
    As I sold the best, I might as well sell the worst.
    Don't kow it is any good for you to have his original badge to get yours back in shape??
    French Adrian HelmetFrench Adrian Helmet

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast