Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French F1' question

Article about: Just wondering if anybody can shed light on the different f1 variation's ,my pair are dated 1987 and 88 yet both show a slightly different star crown pad ,extra vent holes on one one example

I will try to do some photos A4 and A5 pre series models that gave life to the F1

Yes please if you could Bruno I'd be interested to view them

Morning to all,
    if it may be interesting, I still go a little back in time and show you the inside of this first series example, 1979 dated.

Regards
    Roberto

French F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' question

Many thanks Roberto and very nice example too ,can i ask if possible to see the exterior and what cover fitted please

Quote by James C View Post
    Many thanks Roberto and very nice example too ,can i ask if possible to see the exterior and what cover fitted please
    Hi James,
    the cover of this helmet is glued to the exterior surface in the lower part and above was applied the rubber band converted from an old tire air chamber.
    The bottom of rubber band was at the time attached with black tape, but over time it was very run down and came away, but on the inside edge you can still see the adhesive traces.
    In the rear part has been eliminated the triangle with the unit number, would appear with the use of a flame, perhaps for reduce the visibility.
    It is a helmet that you had already seen in this my old post:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...angere-616118/

but lacked the photo with the inside stamp, it may be helpful to add some new photos of "exterior" with the cover.
    As I said, the interesting thing is that this early 80s configuration is undoubtedly original, because this helmet was given to me by the owner who was enlisted in the Lègion Etrangère.

Regards
    Roberto
    French F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' question

Hello Roberto

Very nice exemple indeed. Very typical of the legion too.
    the triangle's colors shows the company of its owner. I need to check what blak is for. Usualy bleu is for the first company, etc...

Here ar my pre series one

A4:
    Same form than the F1 but diferent interior. This one ws modified and converted to thge usual F1

French F1' question

French F1' question

French F1' question

French F1' question

A5:
    The form is slitghly differnt on tthe side. The interior is the one of the F1

French F1' question

French F1' question

French F1' question

At the end the did a mix of the two

All the best

Bruno

Thanks Bruno,
    I did not know these variants, they are very interesting!

Roberto

Hello Roberto
    These may not be considered as Variants but as pre series produced by Dunois in 1976 for trial before the adoption of the F1 in 78.
    I will need to check but only 2000 of these were produced

Bruno

Many thanks for showing the exterior Roberto ,Looks like the cover is an M64 sateen 300 jacket hood and thank you too Bruno for sharing your other special examples

Well it really has been a fascinating thread and I've learned a lot so thanks to all who contributed so far ,To learn that there was an earlier version with fixed bails similar to the Tap 56 was a real surprise to me, I do have an example of the earlier liner with round crown pad but its fitted not in a french f1 but in my belgian m71 parachutists helmFrench F1' questionFrench F1' question

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast