Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French F1' question

Article about: Just wondering if anybody can shed light on the different f1 variation's ,my pair are dated 1987 and 88 yet both show a slightly different star crown pad ,extra vent holes on one one example

Good evening James,
    nice helmet, it is a known and interesting experimental variant that united the German shell and French F1 liner.
    But I do not have never had the opportunity to see one up close, thanks for sharing it!

Roberto

Your very welcome Roberto

Hello

Is there any stamps in it
    It is the first time i see this

All the best

Bruno

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Good evening James,
    nice helmet, it is a known and interesting experimental variant that united the German shell and French F1 liner.
    But I do not have never had the opportunity to see one up close, thanks for sharing it!

Roberto
    Roberto, it is not an experimental variant, it is a true variant produced for the Belgian military in the 1980s. You will see it written about here - Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world . These are not difficult to get - I have several, all bought from a French Ebay seller. Very interesting helmet.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Roberto, it is not an experimental variant, it is a true variant produced for the Belgian military in the 1980s. You will see it written about here - Parachute/Airborne Helmets and HSAT's from around the world . These are not difficult to get - I have several, all bought from a French Ebay seller. Very interesting helmet.

Thanks Greg for clarification and for the link to your detailed post,
    I knew that it was a very limited production, but this new information tells me that is not so.
    I understand that it is not certain provenance of these helmets, according to you may have been directly assembled in Belgium with components from various origin?

Well in true collecting fashion i just had to add an example of the series 1 F1 ,this would be last run S1 fixed bails shell and dated 1981 ,quite mint condition considering 35 years old French F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' questionFrench F1' question

Fine example, James!
    complete with its original used cover.
    Thanks for sharing.

Roberto

Hello
    Nice example
    Just to notice that such camouflage is from the 90's
    Before it is best to get the "salade"

All the best

Bruno

Many thanks Roberto and Bruno the central european camo cover is dated 20 years It's junior and seems well used ,I have swapped out with a used francaise armee salade French F1' questionFrench F1' question

Great Swap
    Just another comment ; )
    The black part (joint de portière) started beeing used also at the begining of the 90s.
    Initialy is cames from old joins from car dors before beeing "offfcial"
    Before, still poart of car, were used the internal part of wheel
    (sorry, I do not have the right word for all these "very" specific elements)
    To be honest, it was easier to get them fited on a F1 than on a TTA 51 ; D

Bruno

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast