Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

french infantry marine m1915

Article about: ive already posted this over in the ww1 section but would like to share it to a wider audience on this section, my latest pickup , ww1 adrian infantry marine helmet unfortunately no liner or

Default french infantry marine m1915

ive already posted this over in the ww1 section but would like to share it to a wider audience on this section, my latest pickup , ww1 adrian infantry marine helmet unfortunately no liner or chinstrap but shell in superb condition french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915

?

Default Re: french infantry marine m1915

Nice, I have one the same as this with the same color green paint, which I always thought was bit suspect, so I'm happy to see yours. The badge is normally referred to as 'Colonial Infantry', which I think means French troops that served in their colonies rather than native troops from the colonies.

hi tinhat if you get time could you post a picture on this thread id like to see it cheers james

?

Absolutely fantastic example James, I really like this one a lot, specifically the patina!

The badge is a Colonial RF piece, as tinhat already mentioned, and could well have been used by a North African trooper.

fantastic lid, fantastic history piece!!!!

?

Here are the pictures, I was hoping for better daylight today. It is very similar to yours, mine is a very small size. The green paint is on the outside, it is an odd colour but I think it is original.
    Steve.

french infantry marine  m1915

very nice m15 tinhat ,im envious now when i see inside and you have complete liner /chinstrap ,thanks for stripping down the liner can i ask do the corrogated aluminium bands just hold the liner in under pressure or is there another fixing point i cant see ,cheers james

ive just noticed inside yours is a label i recognise ,i was scratching my head thinking where ,then i remembered i have the remains of the same label on the top of a french gasmask tin see here for comparison tinhatfrench infantry marine  m1915french infantry marine  m1915

?

Thanks, the liner clips in through the same tabs that hold the aluminium bands, you can see the holes in the red band of the liner. The aluminum is there to provide some impact protection or to help the liner fit better. I think these are all original even though though they are different corrugations, because of the shape of the helmet. It's difficult to find a helmet with all 4 fitted.
    I have some other Adrian helmets I will post once things get back to normal after the holiday, they under represented on the forum and I like them.
    Steve.

thanks steve i understand now how it all holds itself together ,im now wondering as yours has this stamp is it a ww1 m15 reissued for ww2 ,im sure this label is post ww1 ,its just a thought and something to look into further researching

youve got me looking at mine now steve in more detail what is puzzling me is the 4x liner fixing tabs they are all flush fitted to the shell as though never used ,either that or the folded ends have long since snapped off if the former is correct im wondering if this shell was ever issued i might need to ask you to take a rough length measurement of one tab to see if mines shorter ,that will prove it also do you have any idea what the insignia badge is made from ,some guy on the ww1 thread told me he thinks mines fake ,cheers james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast