Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French M-26

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors. I just wanted to share with you, one of my favourite Helmets. This particular example is in excellent condition for it's age, is made by Dunois. I assume a size 58 line

Quote by Opex View Post
    Many thanks BG, I must admit I have not seen too many of this type in my search for other M26 helmets, the badge has a slightly different shade of khaki ,so I am not even sure it is original to the shell. I can only assume it is!

And I agree the Adrian is an absolute classic, I reckon even a non-militaria collector would recognise the profile as French.

Regards
    Opex
    No I showed my example to a friend who is french and he said it was a old fireman's helmet,took a while to expain to him it wasn't, what has this world come to. .
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 09-04-2014 at 02:45 PM.

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    No I showed my example to a friend who is french and he said it was a old fireman's helmet,took a while to expain to him it wasn't, what has this world come to. .
    Yes, that is ironic but I see where he was coming from as these models were used postwar by Fire crew, but being French you would have thought he knew better all the same

I will post mine some time the liner is either postwar or a reproduction as it is of the light brown type but has no date on it or manufacture marks or marks to tell what branch of service it was used for.

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    I will post mine some time the liner is either postwar or a reproduction as it is of the light brown type but has no date on it or manufacture marks or marks to tell what branch of service it was used for.
    Sounds good,I would be keen to see your example as I am sure all the other French helmet collectors here would be

no helmet collection is complete without this iconic lid on the shelf
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    no helmet collection is complete without this iconic lid on the shelf
    Could not agree more Mate, I just wish they were a bit cheaper as I would have many more examples

?

That's a really nice example, I too am closet M26 fancier and I'm surprised at how few you see posted. As BG said it is normal for the m37 badge to be a different colour to the shell, which unfortunately has made it easier for the repro badges to be added. If you don't mind the thread being highjacked I will add some of mine.

They are certainly going up in price.
    Steve.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    That's a really nice example, I too am closet M26 fancier and I'm surprised at how few you see posted. As BG said it is normal for the m37 badge to be a different colour to the shell, which unfortunately has made it easier for the repro badges to be added. If you don't mind the thread being highjacked I will add some of mine.

They are certainly going up in price.
    Steve.

Hi Steve, many thanks for the compliment , I would be more than happy for you to highjack this thread, as I would be very keen to see more examples of these superb helmets,regards

i too would love to see your examples steve
    Regards James

?

I'll post them up not, it will be a bit rapid fire as my plan to do nothing this weekend didn't get universal approval.

We''ll start with the regular infantry helmet.

French M-26

French M-26

French M-26

The liner isn't leather, the stamps inside aren't clear, so I'm not sure of the age.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast