Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French M-26

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors. I just wanted to share with you, one of my favourite Helmets. This particular example is in excellent condition for it's age, is made by Dunois. I assume a size 58 line

?

Next up is my personal favourite, M-26 with an M-15 Artillery badge. This has had a repaint at some time over the original green but this is period done and condition isn't as good as the others but it has a bit more character.

French M-26

French M-26

French M-26

?

'Defence Passive' (Civil Defence)

French M-26

French M-26

French M-26

These Helmets are great but im so sceptical to purchase one as there seems to be countless talk of repaints and Badges either being added/exchanged etc,also why are the prices on these historical items so high?............

?

M26 with M15 Engineer badge. The Engineer badge has the original blue paint underneath and I believe it has been on the helmet many years. The liner is not original to the helmet, it was me that swapped from another badge less helmet I had, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

French M-26

French M-26

French M-26

?

Last but not least, Colonial troops badge. Liner is post war but original to the helmet.

French M-26

French M-26

French M-26

Nice collection of adrians overall.
    Not sure if you want me to go into detail on all of them.

?

If you do a bit of homework it's not that hard to do the first filter of good and bad, for years there were loads of badge-less helmets on the market but since the availability of repro badges these seem to have disappeared, making me very skeptical of many that you see, I personally think this is the main driver behind the price hike for original helmets.

It's very easy to swap liners and badges and create a helmet of original parts rather than an 'original' helmet, you see some instances where badges from relic helmets have been fitted to other shell, but these are easy to identify.

I would also avoid e-bay dealers that have many and varied Adrian helmets for sale, but in general there are some good finds on e-bay (especially if you use the French site).

Steve.

?

I would be happy for any comments, more so if they contradict my posts I'm sure we would all like to learn more.

Steve.

?

The Collectors Guild has these for sale at the moment which make nice
    additions to the thread.

French M-26

The Collector's Guild

French M-26

The Collector's Guild

French M-26

The Collector's Guild

a superb collection of adrian's steve so thanks for taking the time to show us all here's my only m-26 example this is a typical example of a put together lid ,the insignia badge is aged repo also the chinstrap and the liner looks to be made from a plasticised fabric so can only be post war im also sure the date on the shell says 1954 French M-26French M-26French M-26French M-26French M-26French M-26French M-26French M-26
    Regards James

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast