Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?

Article about: here is a unusual M1 type helmet with a Colonial Forces badge and three point TAP style chin straps, it appears to be a modified WWII M1 helmet used by the French Annoyed from this ads? &nbs

Default French para M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?

here is a unusual M1 type helmet with a Colonial Forces badge and three point TAP style chin straps, it appears to be a modified US WWII M1 helmet with front seam used by the French paratroopers

Casque TAP M

French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?

Certainly differant,is the Liner of French Origin?as i've never seen US type paratrooper female studs on oversea's made clones.luv the swivel Bale conversion to three Bales instead of the usual two,the chinstrap rigs always look great.thanks for sharing........

?

Never seen anything like this, a great helmet. I would be interested to see how the badge is fixed.

Steve

Never seen before, perhaps a fake, I ask on a French site. Why to sell in Germany?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

That is a a very unusual conversion BG,and not a type I have seen before. The seller has provided some intriguing information and a description. The chinstraps are very similar if not the same as a M-56 TAP helmet. I think the addition of the rear bale ( Like the Israeli style ) is the most interesting. I have seen many M-53 TAP/ French used M1 TAP helmets but none quite as unique as this one. I would be keen to have this one in my collection as it certainly is a talking point.

The norm for these genre of Helmets is to have a stencilled/hand painted TAP emblem on the front,never seen a Colonial Adrian Badge tacked to an M1...I love it

?

If you check this link out, under the 'Historique' heading .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 51 et 56 TAP :. it shows a three bail M1 Metro helmet, this looks like the helmet. From the pictures the third bail is fitted differently to Israel version and in a way I have never seen before.
    The badge looks to have been fitted when the helmet was painted, and looks good.

I think it is a good helmet, and very unusual.

I found this photo of a very similiar modified M1 helmet as used by the French paras in Indochina

I also like the helmet and think the badge is very unique and original , a very nice piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?   French M1 with helmet badge / Indochine - Algeria?  

In colection I have also one M1 used by one friend in his regiment in the 70's, but I can't post the picture...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

BG, the example of M1 used in Indo-China is very similar to the ebay one, and would I be very proud to own that one, who ever own's is a very lucky individual indeed.The leather chinstrap is very similar to the Gendarmerie M-56 Tap version.