Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French M26 helmet shells

Article about: We took a trip down to the local surplus store today and saw these stacked up so we thought we'd snap a quick photo and share for no particular reason.... Regards, Russ & Son

Default French M26 helmet shells

We took a trip down to the local surplus store today and saw these stacked up so we thought we'd snap a quick photo and share for no particular reason....

French M26 helmet shells

Regards,

Russ & Son

Default re: French M26 helmet shells

Did you get any?

I wish they would leave the helmet badge on these helmets, they are always missing the badge

I found one that still had the chin strap on it at the antique store

No...we took a pass they were cheep enough though for anyone that wanted to put a banged up shell on the shelf!

We passed up a pretty good deal (I think) on a nice M26 a couple weeks ago. Still had all original paint, liner, chin strap and bad...we pretty straight as well. Walked away over a ten dollar differance in price...still kicking myself. We don't have a french lid on the shelf, it would have made a great start!

Thats the way it sometimes go's Russ the motto is if even a slight thought just buy it because you know your gonna regret it later,plenty more fish in the sea,regards dave.

Default Re: French M26 helmet shells

My worst 'Damn Fool Man' moment was about twelve years ago, when I was a teenie weenie beginning baby little helmet collector (albeit being in my late 40s...). We were in Bath (South Western England) and took a look at a sort of antiques market wherein I saw a Very Interesting Helmet with a red star on the front and a sort of cloth liner. It was 26 UK pounds, which for a variety of reasons was a *lot* for us at the time. So I put it back and passed on. However, after waddling around a little more I decided that yes, I really did ought to get that thing even though I wasn't sure what it was (being a beginning etc etc) and found a cash machine and got some money and went back...and of course the market had closed down and there was nothing but an empty parking ground.

You're probably ahead of me here; since then I have of course convinced myself it was a near-perfect Russian ssh39. It might not have been, but whatever it was I haven't seen one similar for sale since, at 26 pounds or anything like it. What an idiot. Regret Number 248, I think.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    My worst 'Damn Fool Man' moment was about twelve years ago, when I was a teenie weenie beginning baby little helmet collector (albeit being in my late 40s...). We were in Bath (South Western England) and took a look at a sort of antiques market wherein I saw a Very Interesting Helmet with a red star on the front and a sort of cloth liner. It was 26 UK pounds, which for a variety of reasons was a *lot* for us at the time. So I put it back and passed on. However, after waddling around a little more I decided that yes, I really did ought to get that thing even though I wasn't sure what it was (being a beginning etc etc) and found a cash machine and got some money and went back...and of course the market had closed down and there was nothing but an empty parking ground.

You're probably ahead of me here; since then I have of course convinced myself it was a near-perfect Russian ssh39. It might not have been, but whatever it was I haven't seen one similar for sale since, at 26 pounds or anything like it. What an idiot. Regret Number 248, I think.
    do you mean the Ssh36 Greg? Adrian-ish looking, with a reinforced comb on top (supposedly to deflect sabre blows.......)

Hi Russ, what did the adrian shells cost? and what was the price for the complete m26 that you turned down? just being curious, because I saw quite a few of them in the last time.

Cheers,
    Mads

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Hi Russ, what did the adrian shells cost? and what was the price for the complete m26 that you turned down? just being curious, because I saw quite a few of them in the last time.

Cheers,
    Mads
    Mads,

The nice M26 we walked away from we got the price down to $120 from my $110 offer, I think it was a fair price but I'm not real up on the French M26 prices, it was a very nice and origianal example however.

The stack of shells are selling for $14 USD each, none of them have bandges, chin straps or any singe of a liner, most have dings and dents....what you see is what you get. I think kids are buying them to play with.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast