Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

French M26 helmet shells

Article about: We took a trip down to the local surplus store today and saw these stacked up so we thought we'd snap a quick photo and share for no particular reason.... Regards, Russ & Son

?

Default Re: French M26 helmet shells

nice . like them ..
    Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    We took a trip down to the local surplus store today and saw these stacked up so we thought we'd snap a quick photo and share for no particular reason....

Attachment 426374

Regards,

Russ & Son

$14 each is a steal, they dont get any cheaper than that

they still look good on display with relic items like an old French water bottle , I have a few on my shelf with inert artillery shells, trench art, etc

Agreed the shells for 14 dollars each is a steal, while the price for the nice m26 is quite standard I guess. I often see them being sold for around 80 euros in that condition.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    $14 each is a steal, they dont get any cheaper than that

I probably should have grabbed a few, maybe we'll make our way down and see if any are still on the shelf, you never know who might need one I guess.

they make nice displays, the one on the left has no badge or liner but it was cheap so I picked it up to use in a shelf display along with a few other items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M26 helmet shells  

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    I probably should have grabbed a few, maybe we'll make our way down and see if any are still on the shelf, you never know who might need one I guess.
    I would hand pick the largest shell size, I think these were made in at least 3 or 4 shell sizes? I have one thats XTRA Large, it's the biggest Adrian helmet shell Ive ever seen when you put it next to a small size you can really see and feel the difference

I think large shells look best for displays, but they are not as common as the small - med sizes

nice russ but dont forget these were used postwar so check if any are stamp dated on the inside crown and have a look if any of them are devoid of the frontal insignia holes i believe this type was for export to spain and at that price well worth having another look

Quote by col james View Post
    nice russ but dont forget these were used postwar so check if any are stamp dated on the inside crown and have a look if any of them are devoid of the frontal insignia holes i believe this type was for export to spain and at that price well worth having another look

Will do James, not sure when we're going to get a chance to get down to the shop though, getting pretty busy over here with the move, don't expect these things to sit around very long for that price. He always has a batch of new helmets there, M-1 clones mostly but sometimes something else, I picked up a Swiss M71 w/Cover from there for 14 bucks as well, and pretty much ever time we make a stop there we see some little kid running around with one of these 14 dollar treasures on his head and mom buying one for them....maybe the start of a future collector!

Oh and the tanker is here, photos taken, just need to break away from work for 15 minutes to post a thread.....

Russ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2