Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?

Article about: Got a chance to pick this up for \\$65 and wanted to get your guys opinion on it, what is throwing me off is the dome with lack of rivets which is telling me Italian m17, sorry for the blurry

Default French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?

Got a chance to pick this up for $65 and wanted to get your guys opinion on it, what is throwing me off is the dome with lack of rivets which is telling me Italian m17, sorry for the blurry pics

Anyone know if its French ww2

MAP
    ?

Looks like an Italian M16 to me but the pictures are real poor. Do I see a 2nd hole partially covered at the bottom of the emblem?

Let's see what others have to say but here is a good site on the Italian M16. If you go to the home tab, you can also view the French M26 for comparison.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...Italien-Mle-16

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The pictures are awful, but the way the liner mounts points to it being and M26. It is unusual to see a comb that is not riveted on, but if you follow this link to the bottom setcion there is an Artillery helmet the same style of manufcature.
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian dit modèle 23 :.

Paint looks original and the French green rather than the Italian grey.

Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    The pictures are awful, but the way the liner mounts points to it being and M26. It is unusual to see a comb that is not riveted on, but if you follow this link to the bottom setcion there is an Artillery helmet the same style of manufcature.
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian dit modèle 23 :.

Paint looks original and the French green rather than the Italian grey.

Steve.
    it could be a WWI era Italian M16 shell that was reused by the French?

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    it could be a WWI era Italian M16 shell that was reused by the French?
    It could be, it does look Italian, there is something odd, it has the M26 liner mounts but no rivets holding them either, I don't think it is bad and $65 is a reasonable price. it might be worth asking for better pictures.

Guys I ended up winning it for $51, sorry for the bad pics I took them from my phone but here's the link to the auction with better pics of it, the dome is what been throwing me off

WWI or WWII French or Italian Helmet w Badge | eBay

looks like a nice original set, the shell has no external rivets for the liner brackets either, this is a nice find, it's not as common as the standard M26

French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?French m26 or Italian m17 Adrian helmet?

Thanks battle gear for posting pictures, have you seen other French helmets like this or is this the first one like it and is it me or does it have a name scratch into the brim
    Last edited by chevyfan2k9; 11-04-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    Thanks headgear for posting pictures, have you seen other French helmets like this or is this the first one like it and is it me or does it have a name scratch into the brim
    Ive never actually seen one of these in person, I think they must be kind of rare since these are considered "experimental" or transition models from the early 1920's, that explains why the top comb is not riveted, they must had had several varients during the transition period before adopting the Model 1926 design, the markings under the visor look like they could be somebody's initials?

translation from the World War helmets site:

These helmets are considered experimental, are not described in the Official Bulletin (OB) and are simply referred to as "new model" in the official notes. For convenience they are also called "transition models", collectors include them under the general designation, but unofficial helmet "model 23".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast