MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

french otan

Article about: here's a link to another example France M51 - Brendon's Helmets

well to my untrained eye i think the netting looks superb opex,im glad you found a gap filler for now ,thanks to sean we have both finished off two great looking mle's ,can i ask if you think the door trim is appropriate on mine with this style net or would you use something else

?

Quote by James C View Post
    well to my untrained eye i think the netting looks superb opex,im glad you found a gap filler for now ,thanks to sean we have both finished off two great looking mle's ,can i ask if you think the door trim is appropriate on mine with this style net or would you use something else
    Thanks mate much appreciated, to my knowledge through another French based forum I belong to there is some evidence that nets were worn minus any door trim, but the Salade, Lizard Camo hoods, and the OG Sateen hoods were fixed with door trim, I have attempted to recreate on mine the "look" of how the net was worn during this time frame, but of course there are always the exceptions.

Great topic, I have enjoyed contributing to it, Regards.

a small update to the helmet ,pictures taken todayfrench otanfrench otanfrench otan
    Regards James

?

Looking great James, I never tire looking at the Mle-51, look's particularly good with the wider innertube fitted

thanks opex i decided to add the innertube you intended for this one so here it is matefrench otanfrench otanfrench otanfrench otan
    Regards James

I like the inner tube band, I put one on my Mle 51 pulled down a little further so it holds the liner in and it doesnt fall out so easily
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture french otan  

thanks for the handy tip BG im going to try and pull down the tubing further as at the moment im relying on the turned in bails to hold the liner from falling out great picture too mate are you lucky enough to have a tap example ,ive yet to find one
    Regards James

James C,

no, unfortunately I dont have a TAP version of the French helmet in my collection yet.

?

Hi James, the inner tube looks great and the wider the better, and as BG mentioned the tube is very handy for holding in the liners,which are a terrible fit on some of my examples, unless there's a hood,or netting of some sort to wedge the shell and liner together as it were, on one my TAP examples the liner chinstrap has been placed around the rear of the shell and this is a good fix and holds the liner in fairly well.

?

Collectors here's another example of the Mle-51 ,I have placed an OG net on this example for comparison

french otan
    french otan
    french otan
    french otan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast