Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

French OTAN M51 Helmet

Article about: Nice Rene, been meaning to pick one up for a while but something else always comes up. Going to start working on it today. I like them a lot. Thanks, John

Default Re: French OTAN M51 Helmet

pic re post

AIF
    ?

Cool helmets Rene... I think you will find the camo net cover in the first 3 pics isn't the French cover but actually the reversible green/brown Australian Vietnam war issued one... Which is much rarer than a froggy salad cover If you have an Aussie M1 you should chuck it on that.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Cool helmets Rene... I think you will find the camo net cover in the first 3 pics isn't the French cover but actually the reversible green/brown Australian Vietnam war issued one... Which is much rarer than a froggy salad cover If you have an Aussie M1 you should chuck it on that.
    Gee Wizz Really! It wouldn't surprise me if it was VN as I got it when I was a young kid from a disposals store, Ill grab a spare m1 and take a look

I haven't a Aussie m1 shell but I whacked it on a US Korean war period one for reference

i like these french helmets rene. i picked one up 2 week agos. and missed out on two lizzard pattern covers on ebay a few weeks ago to. but ive got a net on mine but not shore if it the right net.

Quote by geelong View Post
    i like these french helmets rene. i picked one up 2 week agos. and missed out on two lizzard pattern covers on ebay a few weeks ago to. but ive got a net on mine but not shore if it the right net.
    Whack it up Mate

here you go rene, shell carpertier 1954 cusset. liner C 1954. textolite.19. the net is just what i had dont no what helmet it was made for. thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French OTAN M51 Helmet   French OTAN M51 Helmet  

French OTAN M51 Helmet   French OTAN M51 Helmet  

JBR
    ?

On the net question, the French had stuff from all over the place in the early 50s - mainly US and UK surplus. So, if a net is period and from either of these it's hard to say it's wrong. Best Regards,

Here's my third (well really 2nd French) I seriously forgot I have this one, it was hiding in the corner!!!

Quote by geelong View Post
    here you go rene, shell carpertier 1954 cusset. liner C 1954. textolite.19. the net is just what i had dont no what helmet it was made for. thanks.
    Cheers Mate nice to see Thanks for the pics

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast