Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

French TAP M-56

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake.......... Hi Jake, good plan. They do come up on French Ebay occasionally, but I have spend hour's, and hours ove

Default Re: French TAP M-56

Thanks for your input James,besides the little oddities would still luv to own one in the collection...........Jake.

?

Quote by col james View Post
    great french lid opex ,ive not seen this one ,looks superb and I especially like the rubber banding and satin 300 cammo cover

Many thanks James, I am particularly proud to have this one in my collection

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I've just noticed the differance,your liner is Infantry type,where as the liner from Brendons site has the A frames installed,so with that type how could you wear both chin cups?and with the A frame type installed in the non 3 point system how did that stay attached to the shell during the drop?................Jake.

Hi Jake, yes, the A Frame model was a pre-cursor to the three point M-56, and VERY rare!!

In regards to the liner saying in place in the M-56, the cover and rubber band does seem a very tight fit, there is no other obvious way of keeping the two components together, but it must have worked this way as I have never seen another M-56 with any type of stud fitting like on a US M-2 type.

Daft question Opex but i've seen it pronounced satin or sateen ,which one is correct ,i'm sure the British also had a similar version hood ,regards James
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 01:56 PM.
    Regards James

?

daft question opex but ive seen in pronounced satin or sateen ,which one is correct ,im sure the british also had a similar version hood ,regards james

Hi James, Sateen 300 is the correct pronunciation , basically the history behind the french using this fabric, was post war they adopted the US satin M-43 type, as well as the British who introduced the 60 pattern ,which was inspired by the US Satin fabric type.

This is not exact just my understanding LOL.

Good point re: A British hood. I am not 100% sure if the British had a 60 Pattern hood ????, but it would make a great helmet cover.

?

I've tried to make the best of a bad thing here, this shell was over painted many times ,I stripped it back to as close to the original paint finish I could manage,I had to replace the chinstrap, and the cover is a Cyprian lizard print cover, and not exactly French ( but close enough for display) other than that it looks ok, I think ?

French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56

?

Hi Fellow collectors.

Here's another TAP model,again direct from France.

This one is slightly unusual feature in that the Green leather chinstrap has been fixed around to the rear of the shell,which does seem to keep the liner and shell together.
    It has a small initialised A.F scratched into the inner shell,which I can only assume was the original owners initials?

Overall this one has not been completely un-messed with, which makes this one my favourite of my small TAP collection ....so far!!

French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    STAMP IN LINER.
    French TAP M-56
    STAMP IN THE SHELL.
    French TAP M-56

Feel free to comment or query,and thanks for looking!
    Regards
    Opex

Another superb example opex ,in used but well looked after condition ,the inscriptions make it more special in my opinion the shell is quite a vintage at 1962 ,i know how much you love your french lids so this will fit in well with your collection
    Last edited by James C; 07-26-2020 at 11:34 AM.

?

another superb example opex ,in used but well looked after condition ,the inscriptions make it more special in my opinion the shell is quite a vintage at 1962 ,i know how much you love your french lids so this will fit in well with your collection

Many thanks James, and yes she will be a prized addition to the French collection.

I need to do some research on the maker and it's features,which I have not had time yet, but I assume a 62' dated shell is a good thing. I am surprised though that the shell has a smooth satin finish,I would have assumed the shell would be of the fine silica finish,but it does look like it's had a respray possibly, as there are some small runs in the paint.

I would love to find out who originally owned this one, and more importantly where it was used,kolwezi perhaps..dreams are free I guess,history not so much LOL

Thanks for looking my friend,I really appreciate your input as ever

This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake..........

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast