Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

French TAP M-56

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake.......... Hi Jake, good plan. They do come up on French Ebay occasionally, but I have spend hour's, and hours ove

can
    ?

Hello all, I got my M64 vert hood for the 56. Any tips on stretching this thing over the helmet. I figured out the button holes go toward the back but it seems getting it on without the help of a couple of burly Legionnaires is a fairly difficult operation. Thanks for any help. Joe

Hi Joe

Get it wet. This will help positioning it and let it dry on the helmet

Bruno

Greetings Joe ,Hope all is well i am looking forward to seeing the finished result of the hood fitting ,you could try dampening the hood first this provides grip when manipulating the hood over the shell and hopefully gives a nice tight smooth fit as it drys out ,fit it as in the same way you would throw a jacket hood over the helmet if you were wearing the jacket and helmet ,that reminds me i need to update the thread a little more with my TAP grouping taken from this afternoon the far right TAP 56 is bestowed a West African Beninese armed forces Lizard cover ( French supplied )for display purposes French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56
    Regards James

I should also post up this Gendarmerie Nationale Casque modèle 56 Gie Riot Control helmet which i think should qualify as it is not the usual 3 point modified from a two point bail MLE 51 but a converted Former TAP 56 shell and besides the Gendarmerie were/ are a part of the French military French TAP M-56
    Regards James

can
    ?

Hello all, Thanks fr the advice Gentleman. Wetting the hood worked like a charm. Have to work on smoothing it out some but it's there. Happy New Year to all. Joe
    French TAP M-56

Thanks for the update Joe ,the M-56 looks superb on display
    I have a similar Sateen material cover on a later Model 1978 steel potFrench TAP M-56French TAP M-56
    Regards James

can
    ?

Those M 78 F 1's are truly a great helmet. I have two of them. I have a reman M1C by J. Murray that I use for jumps. It's a great piece just like an original. But I think that F1 would be better,more comfortable anyway.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Fellow collectors.

Here's another TAP model,again direct from France.

This one is slightly unusual feature in that the Green leather chinstrap has been fixed around to the rear of the shell,which does seem to keep the liner and shell together.
    It has a small initialised A.F scratched into the inner shell,which I can only assume was the original owners initials?

Overall this one has not been completely un-messed with, which makes this one my favourite of my small TAP collection ....so far!!

Attachment 535061
    Attachment 535062
    Attachment 535063
    Attachment 535064
    Attachment 535065
    Attachment 535066
    Attachment 535067
    Attachment 535068
    STAMP IN LINER.
    Attachment 535069
    STAMP IN THE SHELL.
    Attachment 535070

Feel free to comment or query,and thanks for looking!
    Regards
    Opex
    If I may ask, what sort of money do these TAP m56 helmets cost?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Jake, no not at all this one came from Ebay UK , and I bought it within the last month and paid £5.00...it was a birthday present to myself.

My top tip is that I generally look out for any and all M-51 shaped helmet and then study the photo's carefully, looking out for the three bales!

In my experience many sellers do not realise that they are selling an M-56, rather the more common M-51..if they did realise they should charge a lot more, and in all sincerity if I come across another M-56 on UK ebay I will give you a heads up ( or rather I will send you a PM )

Thanks again for your contribution to this discussion buddy,most appreciated.
    A fiver, I guess they are not often that cheap
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

These Airborne helmets can become quite addictive to collectFrench TAP M-56French TAP M-56
    Regards James

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast