Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greek helmets...

Article about: Quick question. Has anyone ever found any Greek M1 clones or pasgt helmets? I think I have found a Greek M1 parade helmet ( has cover attached to the liner but missing shell ). Any idea on t

Default Greek helmets...

Quick question. Has anyone ever found any Greek M1 clones or pasgt helmets? I think I have found a Greek M1 parade helmet ( has cover attached to the liner but missing shell ). Any idea on these?Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...Greek helmets...
    Also here are some pics of the liner being worn on paradeGreek helmets...Greek helmets...
    Last edited by mstewart6698; 08-09-2014 at 10:37 PM.

?

Hi , as far as I am aware the Greek troops wore US M1's and Pasgts, perhaps there was a Greek manufactured parade helmet but I am not 100% sure on this fact.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi , as far as I am aware the Greek troops wore US M1's and Pasgts, perhaps there was a Greek manufactured parade helmet but I am not 100% sure on this fact.
    Hey. The helmet isn't a "special" kind just for parades I don't think, it is just a regular Greek M1 liner and cover but missing the steel shell. I was guessing parade because there are a couple pics of Greek parades and it looks like they are missing the shells and use the slits on the cover to attach it to the liner but I could be wrong.

?

Quote by mstewart6698 View Post
    Hey. The helmet isn't a "special" kind just for parades I don't think, it is just a regular Greek M1 liner and cover but missing the steel shell. I was guessing parade because there are a couple pics of Greek parades and it looks like they are missing the shells and use the slits on the cover to attach it to the liner but I could be wrong.
    No worries ,could you provide any pictures, at least then the Liner could be correctly identified as being US or of European origin, sounds like an exciting piece

Added pics

Greek helmets

Greek helmets...Greek helmets...

?

Quote by mstewart6698 View Post
    Added pics

Excellent,thank you very much that is much more useful to identify the liner

?

This is a very interesting liner indeed, the stamp in the inner crown does not look US, so I can only assume it is a Greek ( or other European made) liner. There is very little information out there regarding Greek M1 helmets,I used to be in contact with a Greek based collector and recall him telling me that Greece used US versions initially.

Many thanks for posting up this fascinating liner, I hope someone else here can provide some more specific information

the stamp or round mold mark in the liner looks like something Ive seen on european liners from Belgium or Germany? but the webbing looks like it's been modified? notice it is the snap in removable type? I think this could be a euro liner that was rewebbed by the Greeks, they appear to wear the liner with camo cover during field training as well? probably because it's lightweight and more comfortable, they probably have steel shells they use if they need more protection and use the liners during training.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the stamp or round mold mark in the liner looks like something Ive seen on european liners from Belgium or Germany? but the webbing looks like it's been modified? notice it is the snap in removable type? I think this could be a euro liner that was rewebbed by the Greeks, they appear to wear the liner with camo cover during field training as well? probably because it's lightweight and more comfortable, they probably have steel shells they use if they need more protection and use the liners during training.

Good point BG, I checked out one of My ABL liners and it has a similar vague marking , so could be Belgium?
    And yes I never looked properly at the suspension side of things,another good point there.

I have a Greek Tiger stripe Cover myself ( which I sourced from James) and am sure there were some reference pictures of the Greek troops wearing The shell/liner together,so the training aspect makes perfect sense. The more I look at this liner/cover combo the more I like it