Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anybody got a Geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands ?

Article about: Has any forum member got a geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands conflict ? If so, would you post some photo's of the helmet (and liner). Also, is there any clear markings/production

?

Default Has anybody got a Geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands ?

Has any forum member got a geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands conflict ?

If so, would you post some photo's of the helmet (and liner).

Also, is there any clear markings/production markings to look for to determine a "Falklands" Argentinian helmet ?

Regards

Gary J.

?

Default Re: Has anybody got a Geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands ?

I have two, a para version and standard version, I will dig them out of storage ,and take some pics.

From memory both have US Firestone liners, and the shells are locally produced rear seams.
    The sweatbands are almost identical to the US versions ,except the leather is green.

My para version is 100% a vet pick-up, so has provenance.

?

Excellent !
    Look forward to seeing them.

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Excellent !
    Look forward to seeing them.

Cheers

Gary J.
    As do i! I cant believe the price these helmets are commanding now!

?

No problem Gary, bear with me though,as I have to dig them out of storage, and take some clear pictures.

?

Edelweiss , you are quite right ,these helmets do seem to fetch high prices, I saw an M1 the other day on ebay, which "might" be Argentinian, but like a fool I didn't save it in my watch list, and can't seem to find it now!

?

Best I can do Gary I'm afraid.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Has anybody got a Geniune Argentinian helmet from the Falklands ?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Being a complete amateur here but oh well....How can you tell the difference?

?

Hi.
    Until I get around to finding my Argentinian helmets, here's a couple of pictures showing the differences in Argentinian and US Liners.

Argentinian , note the Green leather sweatband, this liner is a US Firestone marked liner, re-worked for the Argentinian M1. The webbing cradle is also non-US manufacturer, and is a lighter cloth in feel and colour than US ( hard to tell from the picture admittedly)

Standard US Liner, Vietnam Era also a Firestone.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Best I can do Gary I'm afraid.........
    Adrian is that the Cobbaton collection in North Devon by any chance??..Or am I off the mark here??. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast