Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this helmet an Italian WW2 model?

Article about: After reading throug this thread, I'm feeling pretty good about the M33 my kid picked up a few months back. We didn't really know what it was, just had a paper tag on it that said Italian WW

Default Re: Is this helmet an Italian WW2 model?

After reading throug this thread, I'm feeling pretty good about the M33 my kid picked up a few months back. We didn't really know what it was, just had a paper tag on it that said Italian WWII. The kid had $20 burning a whole in his pocket and didn't want to leave the show empty handed so he went ahead and grabbed it. From all I have read here he's got a WWII M33, in rough shape but for $20 who can complain. Still has a lot of the original paint and the liner and chin strap are still in in tacked, although not in the best of shape. I learn something new here every day.

Default Re: Is this helmet an Italian WW2 model?

Paolo Marzetti and Michele Tagliavini state, in articles written by them a couple of years ago, that grommets were used in WW2 liners, although not frequently! If someone is interested in these articles, send me your email adress in a private message.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by rra227 View Post
    ITALIANO 1933 Look at the liner fingers posted in the link. None have reinforced finger holes. Rich A. in Pa.
    Hello RIch, Emile is right, for example, amongst italian collectors it is known that metal grommets doesn't necessarily mean post WWII.

The article Emile quotes should be a must read if anyone is interested in having correct informations on the matter.

Saying so the lack of metal grommets together with the two horizontal and parallel stiches are quick signs of the liner being surely WWII, but is not always this simple.

Regards
    PaoloZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2