Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helmet liner ID

Article about: by KradSpam Good luck mate! If he has 2 pick me one up Roger, wilco! Regards, Andy

?

Default helmet liner ID

Good people,
    I have been in conversation with the person selling the item below, and the ID eludes me. The seller tells me that it is heavy, like steel, and has agreed to me posting it here. I have no intention of buying this, but I would be interested to know exactly what it is, as would the seller.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet liner ID   helmet liner ID  

helmet liner ID  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: helmet liner ID

It looks like a complete Iraqi composite combat helmet, not a liner.

Is it a fiber helmet...if so, its an Iraqi M90 missing the the rubber bumper around the rim.

One odd thing however is that I thought these were only produced in the desert tan color.....but looks like I might be mistaken.

Russ

?

I thought Iraqi, but why dark green?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I know the Iraqi M80's were dark green, as produced by South Korea, and then painted once in the hands of Iraqi forces. The M90's were produced by Iraq and done so in tan, but maybe they produced these for others as well?

Just looked in my notes........ Iraqi M92, very similar to the well known M90 but are dark green!

I don't have one of these

?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    I know the Iraqi M80's were dark green, as produced by South Korea, and then painted once in the hands of Iraqi forces. The M90's were produced by Iraq and done so in tan, but maybe they produced these for others as well?

Just looked in my notes........ Iraqi M92, very similar to the well known M90 but are dark green!

I don't have one of these
    Thanks so much for that MySonsDad. Info has been passed to the seller. It's on eBay now, starting price is £100.00 though.

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I really want one of those mental Vader lids......

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I really want one of those mental Vader lids......
    Me too. I'm on the trail of one locally...........

Watch this space.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Me too. I'm on the trail of one locally...........

Watch this space.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Good luck mate! If he has 2 pick me one up

?

Similar lids are used in the Phillipines and India. I have the Indian version.

Nitram

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast