Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

helmet liner ID

Article about: by KradSpam Good luck mate! If he has 2 pick me one up Roger, wilco! Regards, Andy

?

Default Re: helmet liner ID

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Good luck mate! If he has 2 pick me one up
    Roger, wilco!

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Similar lids are used in the Phillipines and India. I have the Indian version.

Nitram
    Interesting. What are the differences?

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Outer texture, and material, well just about everything aside from the concept of a fiber/kevlar M1 clone, now that you mention it... They aren't very well documented, and their ballistic protection is unknown. The Iraqi ones seem to be more sturdy to me.

Nitram

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I really want one of those mental Vader lids......
    Me and the kid really screwed up a couple months back and had a chance to pick one of these up for far less than I have seen them sell for. Too much for me to get away with putting on the shelf, the wife would come unglued, but I should have picked up as I could have made a couple hundred and still given someone a great deal. Oh well......

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Thanks so much for that MySonsDad. Info has been passed to the seller. It's on eBay now, starting price is £100.00 though. Andy
    No problem Andy, it's nice to be able to help a little ever now and again. I did see one of these on eBay ($137 US), I'm assuming the same helmet. I've only seen one other M92 for sale it it was for $150 US, don't seem to be too many of them floating around. I've got the M80 and our M90 should arrive as soon as tomorrow.......would be nice to add the M92 to round out the group. I guess there is a later variation of the M80 as well but I've not seen one for sale or in a collection.

?

Thanks, Nitram.

and their ballistic protection is unknown

Do you think that is because they didn't want to tell the poor b*ggers that wore them that they were carp?

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Me and the kid really screwed up a couple months back and had a chance to pick one of these up for far less than I have seen them sell for. Too much for me to get away with putting on the shelf, the wife would come unglued, but I should have picked up as I could have made a couple hundred and still given someone a great deal. Oh well......
    Yep, been there with the wife stuff. "Either that helmet collection goes, or I do." You get the idea.

I have over 28 WW2 M1's now............

Wish she'd never taken the dog with her though. I miss that dog.

Best Regards,

Andy

Last edited by aj4010; 05-09-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Do you think that is because they didn't want to tell the poor b*ggers that wore them that they were carp?

That's one way of putting it, but quite frankly, that's the case with most helmets...

Nitram

Does anyone know who actually produced the Iraqi M92, is it local our purchased from another country? We know the M80's were produced by South Korea (M76) and the M90's were a poor attempt, by the Iraqis, to produce there own helmet, but I've not found any information at all regarding the M92.

On another site I found a very similar helmet but it was identified Chinese and it had a 5 point red star on the front. Wonder if these are made in China and exported to Iraq as it is not likely to be the other way around.

on a side note be carefull when buying the fayadeen vader helmets there are great reproductions out there and the ones that are advertised as repo command high prices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2