Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today

Article about: I was looking around the local Antique Mall and spotted a couple of common surplus helmets, the Spanish M42/79 had a price tag that said WWII German Era helmet with liner & chin strap pr

Default Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today

I was looking around the local Antique Mall and spotted a couple of common surplus helmets, the Spanish M42/79 had a price tag that said WWII Era German helmet with liner & chin strap price US $475

the other helmet is a SWISS M18/43 with a rough textured black finish, the price tag says "WWII era helmet Very Scarce" price marked US $175

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today   Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today  

I'm sold! Looking now online for some filghts to pick them up

Thumbs down

I couldn't figure out what looked wrong about these bargains but I just realised - neither of them has the distinctive 'SS' decal......

Did you set the guy straight?....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Did you set the guy straight?....
    the seller wasnt there at the time, I think he knows what he really has, because he always has militaria in his booth or display case

he probably hopes an inexperienced buyer might believe his story and buy it, this seems to be a common thing sellers do at antique malls, they price low value items at unbelievable high prices hoping some fool might actually buy it

Eeewww. Three times what I'd expect to pay.
    I bought a Swiss lid for $20........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very pricey but then I have almost been stung myself on occasions by militaria dealers, good job this forum and it's members are a font of helmet wisdom, thus avoiding paying over the odd's!!

Default antique mall Persian Army helmet

here's an unusual helmet I saw at an antique mall, the card says it's a Persian Army helmet from the Russo - Persian War / used between 1780 - 1828

price $375
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today   Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today  

Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today   Helmet prices at the Antique Mall today  

Interesting indeed, predate the pickelhaube.
    This is the persian helmet from the istanbul military museum (from the pickelhaubes forum).
    The lion emblem on the antique mall helmet is better in design compared with the museum one.

A photo example of other type of helmet from the same forum too

interesting Persian helmet from the Istanbul museum, the second photo does look a lot more like the helmet I saw at the antique mall, I think the helmet is probably later than he says, probably closer to the soldier shown in your photo

the Persian helmet from the antique mall looks more like something from around 1880's - 1900 era in my opinion
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-24-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast