Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

helmets in use by the Egyptian military

Article about: the desert camo covers on the first photo with the Egyptian soldiers lined up behind a armored personnel carrier looks almost like the French Desert camo pattern they wore during Desert Sto

?

"the desert camo covers on the first photo with the Egyptian soldiers lined up behind a armored personnel carrier looks almost like the French Desert camo pattern they wore during Desert Storm but the French version has bigger dark brown spots than the Egyptian desert camo"

I have a feeling the Egyptians might well have based their uniform on the French Daguet pattern, which I am a great fan of.

I find that large parts of the Middle East and Africa don't really care much about the uniformity of their armed forces, nor about buying them state of the art protection gear. Sometimes it is even possible to see a shift in allegiance and / or supplier of arms and equipment (Soviet <-> USA) present in the gear issued to their armies.

What is happening with Egypt is a real shame. A country so rich in history and culture, tearing itself apart.

But nice pictures non the less, although it is a sad occasion they have been taken in. I don't hope Egypt end up anything like Libya or even Syria. It would break my heart to witness a destruction of cultural heritage sites like the ones in Syria.

Egyptian Republican Guards wearing a mixture of helmets, some appear to be West German police helmets? possibly the M40 / 53 or the M54 Border Guards type helmet?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...27-d6fkzlg.jpghelmets in use by the Egyptian military
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by the Egyptian military  

Default Syrian soldier during the Gulf War 1991

here's a nice photo of a Syrian soldier with a netted Eastern European steel helmet , he appears to be mostly equiped with Soviet & eastern euro gear, his rife is a East German AKM ,part of the coalition forces.

superb referance picture as always BG i always look forward to your input on these threads ,allthough difficult to say for certain would you agree this is a soviet stalnoy shlyem 68
    Regards James

Yes JC, I would agree that the Syrian soldier has a Russian Ssh-68 steel helmet, I compared the helmet to these close up photos and the Syrian Colonel has a netted Ssh-68 and the Syrian Commando also has a netted Ssh-68

it appears the Stalnoy Shlyem 68 was a common helmet in the Syrian military, Ive seen numerous photos of the helmet in use by the Syrians, they also used lots of Wz50 steel helmets from Poland.

helmets in use by the Egyptian militaryhelmets in use by the Egyptian military

thanks for confirming my thoughts BG ,interesting to hear the use of polish wz's too very much like iraq of an earlier time ,great pics again and the second from last shows what can only be a very diminutive soldier wearing his example ,cheers james
    Regards James

Default Syrian M56

Syrian soldiers during the Gulf War 1991 era

the M56 Stahlhelm was used by Egypt, Syria, Iraq , Turkey

and maybe more? others have told me they have seen tan painted M56 helmets brought back from Desert Storm in army museums.

the Syrian soldier in the B&W photo wears a East German M56 helmet during the Gulf War

the Syrian policeman in the Red helmet , appears to be wearing a East German Export model helmet with Y straps

Default more German type helmets in use by other countries

the first photo shows two Turkish soldiers on the Turkey - Syria border in May 2014 , they appear to be wearing the East German M56 type steel helmet with Y strap? I didnt know they still used these currently

the next photos are more Egypt Republican Guards with West German type steel helmets CAIRO, EGYPT – DECEMBER 9, 2012
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by the Egyptian military   helmets in use by the Egyptian military  

again battle gear many thanks for sharing these pictures ,amazing to think these old bgs helmets still in modern use

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast