Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?

Article about: can you identify the helmet this Afghan soldier is wearing? I think it might be a Chinese GK80 steel helmet judging by the profile? it doesnt look like a Romanian M73

here is my Chinese GK80 for comparison

helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?

Quote by another ant View Post
    I think this is a chinese helmet FK-96-1 (export model)
    yes, it does look very similiar to that Chinese export model, it even has a four point chin strap

?

Great thread with a lot of interesting ideas shared, I agree Chinese I note the Afghan used model has a rivet or vent of the front of the shell

?

other steel helmets still in use by the Afghan Army, also my Romanian M73 the shell is dated 1976 and the liner has acceptance or inspection stamps dated May and June 1976 , the chin strap is dated May 1976 same type of helmet in use by the Afghan soldiers in photos

the Afghan soldier with an AK47 has a Soviet Ssh68 helmet.

helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?

?

Great example and reference pictures as ever BG, thanks for raising the profile of these types of helmet currently being re-issued to Afghan troops

No mag in the M16 and the AK gunner has delightfully painted fingernails. The Taliban must be shaking in their sandals. I give it 6 months after foreign troops leave that they are back in Kabul.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    No mag in the M16 and the AK gunner has delightfully painted fingernails. The Taliban must be shaking in their sandals. I give it 6 months after foreign troops leave that they are back in Kabul.
    Sadly I feel you might be right there, on a lighter note I too noticed the painted nail, could a tribal thing...certainly not an ANA issue shade of Khaki AFAIK

here are a few more photos of afghan soldiers with steel helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?   helmets in use by new Afghan army, do you recognize this helmet?  

some great pictures shared there battle gear of which ive never seen before you have some very nice headgear examples ,can i ask where you picked up the chinese gk80 please ,cheers james

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast