Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:

Article about: Her is my collection of Norwegian helmets used by Nasjonal Samling (Quislings party). Top shelf from left: M31 Hird. M31 Förergarden (Quislings private bodyguards). M31 Police. Bottom shelf

?

Default Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:

Her is my collection of Norwegian helmets used by Nasjonal Samling (Quislings party).

Top shelf from left:
    M31 Hird.
    M31 Förergarden (Quislings private bodyguards).
    M31 Police.

Bottom shelf from left:
    M31 Police.
    M35 Police.
    M35 Police.

Best Regards
    Ståle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:  

pegase001
    ?

Default Re: Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:

hi

great helmets.
    is it possible to have a close up picture of the insignia

cheers

pegase001

?

Hi pegase001.

Here are a couple of pictures of the NS Police decal.
    I have also added pictures of my Norwegian M35 as it should look.
    When NS reissued these helmets, they did remove the lion badge in the front of the helmet.

Best Regards.
    Ståle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:   Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:  

Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:   Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:  

Helmets used by the Norwegian collaboration party Nasjonal Samling:  

pegase001
    ?

hi

thanks a lot for the pictures

cheers

pegase001

Veldig fin samling Ståle! = That is a very nice collection Ståle!

?

hello!
    you opened a very interesting theme
    more of them....
    greets
    mike,lir2

Good evening Stale,
    you have a very nice collection. But I am somewhat baffled by the difference between a M31 and a M35? Please give me some info!

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Thanks all for the nice comments on these helmets.

Emile:

The Norwegian M31 is called the baltic model.
    The first of these was produced in Sweden and they are very simular to the Swedish M1926. They was later produced in Norway.

In 1935 orders went out that every new helmet should have a lion badge in the front of the helmet. Thats why this one is called M35.

So the early M31 helmets are whitout the lion badge, and from 1935 the badge was added and the model number changed to M35.

Earlyer in my post you can se one whit a lion badge.

When the war started and Nasjonal Samling needed helmets, they used both the M31 and M35 helmets.
    On the M35 they did remove the lionbadge before the helmet was put into service.
    Becouse NS removed the lion badges from the M35 they used, a real untuched one are hard to find these days.

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards
    Ståle Andresen