Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hungarian M50 helmet

Article about: Hello to all, I want to show you this Hungarian M50 helmet, I found it in a junk shop; it is in very good condition and complete with all its parts, although it has been used. An interesting

?

THX, here is a teaser shot... (don't expect proffesional photos, but they're ok

Hungarian M50 helmet

Thanks to all, Friends!
    for your comments and for sharing so many good information.
    Also you have made me curious with the comparison between various models, especially compared to Ssh40, then I wanted to compare an M50 and a M50/65 vs two examples of Ssh40, the oldest example should go back to WW2 or immediate post-war years (marks are no longer visible), while the most recent is 1957 dated.
    Actually they are very similar, but it seems to me that the dome curvature of Ssh40 is more accentuated.

Cheers
    Roberto

M50/65--Ssh40--M50
    Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

M50/65--Ssh40--M50

Ssh40, 1 and 2

I notice the Hungarian M50 is usually found in the small - medium size? since they didnt produce as many in the large size

finding a large Hungarian M50 is not very common, only 2% were mfg in the size Large shell 1

in comparison to Russian models, I can find a size Large in the Russian helmets pretty easy, they must have produced much more large sizes than the Hungarians.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hungarian M50 helmet 

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I notice the Hungarian M50 is usually found in the small - medium size? since they didnt produce as many in the large size

finding a large Hungarian M50 is not very common, only 2% were mfg in the size Large shell 1

in comparison to Russian models, I can find a size Large in the Russian helmets pretty easy, they must have produced much more large sizes than the Hungarians.
    I did not know this, battle gear
    interesting detail!

thanks

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    The Ssh 40 has many Eastern Bloc clones, like the M1, which has many Euro clones. In my opinion the Vz53 looks very similar to the Ssh 39.
    i have to agree ,i wonder if the liner rivit placements are a big factor in this
    comparison ,great looking example Roberto and also many thanks to fabe for his valuble input ,i too being a collector of warsaw pact helmets have a great interest in the outcome of there differances and perhaps i can help out in some way ,if ok Roberto id like to show my only example of the m50 Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

Hello James,
    of course you can add your example, your post are always welcome, I have learned a lot from your threads on various topics.
    I saw your example, it has a particular and interesting coloration, I'd like to know what use was intended this paint scheme.

Cheers
    Roberto

Nice helmet, James. Can you tell anything about the painting? Is it for MP?

Thank you for the kind words Roberto and to you too RKKA my own initial thoughts were military police units use as with most white washed combat helmets ,ive only ever seen another like it and that was a later hungarian model 50/65 there description was of a MP helmet used by the Katonai Rende'sz with the black band showing it as at battalion level use ,whether the same applied to the earlier example i show our i wasnt 100% but then good forum friend fabe has advised it would be for training purposes used as an opposing forces helmet and seeing as fabe is hungarian i am in no position to argue

Hungarian M50 helmets for fire service. The one with army green paint is quite unique.
    Regarding the hungarian M50 helmets it's very important to know that there is an aluminium version aswell for musicians. Helmets for police units have a capital "R" stamped on the frontal rim.

All these Warsaw pact lids are pretty interesting in their own way, they make for quite cheap collecting too!...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast