Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hungarian model 50 helmet

Article about: another salty helmet to share for your viewing pleasure and the first hungarian helmet to my collection ,im assuming this one would be military police at battalion level because of the marki

?

Great to see you have sourced an M-50 James, this is one particularly nice with it's coat of paint, and of course your Warsaw pact display is very impressive

thanks again for your help fabe and cheers for the compliment gary much appreciated

I like the field used look on this one, the Hungarian M50 is very similar to the Soviet M40 with minor differences.

I prefer the old style M50 better than the later model M50/70 with a padded leather liner.

?

regarding the size stampings - see this site (use google chrome or translate):

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 50 :.

Some of the early type (not all, some probably faded over the years) have inkstamping of arabic numbers and the later type have roman numbers in white stencil paint...
    also, the later type (1960s with riveted chin-strap + white stencil painted size) were painted matt dark green (the helmet itself) - and the liner pads were olive green or navy blue - as you can see it here on this website also (again, probably not all of them...I'm sure that some of them were also made with left-over white/cream colored pads.)

?

hey James (or anyone) -

what's your take on this M50's paint? I've never seen it like this...

it's a bit salty, missing the chin-strap - marked with a roman number II. for size - so a late 1960s helmet.

THX - Fabe

hungarian model 50 helmethungarian model 50 helmet

?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    hey James (or anyone) -

what's your take on this M50's paint? I've never seen it like this...

it's a bit salty, missing the chin-strap - marked with a roman number II. for size - so a late 1960s helmet.

THX - Fabe

hungarian model 50 helmethungarian model 50 helmet
    well, I didn't get this one yet...
    the paint looks like someone messed with it - maybe was sanding it down (?)
    thoughts?

hi fabe ,i really dont know but perhaps its just been over painted ,it certainly has the darker green paintwork ,perhaps this is a repainted military police or maybe even there is a communist red star roundel on the front ,i would be happy to own this one as it fits in well with my rather worn looking collection ,sorry if im of no help to you as ive still a lot to learn on these great helmets ,regards james

?

ah - I know what you mean...I'll see if it's still available, but then I'll need to hunt down a riveted chin-strap for this.
    btw., slowly I'm getting ready for the M50 thread...

im looking foward to your dedicated m50 thread fabe and now i can add mine too

the color looks like a light sage green or greyish green color, maybe it was used in grasslands area with that color vegetation?

since it looks like somebody sanded it, I would probably wait for a nicer one thats not messed with, helmet collecting takes up lots of space, and Im more picky on the helmets I buy, and try to buy the less common ones if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2