Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)

Article about: Again, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

casejane
    ?

Default Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)

Again, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)   Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)  

Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)   Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)  

Default Re: Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)

Hi casejane, this appears to be an all repro, naval landing helmet with an army liner. Notice there are no holes for the liner rivets in the top. It has new paint on the top side. The new rivets used to put in the new liner are shiney on the inside and painted on the outside. Maybe some helmet pros will give you a better idea.

Jay

casejane
    ?

A repro? I really hope not! I was told it was WW2 Japanese Helmet from Guadalcanal??

Well someone has done alot of recent work to it. The new paint makes it difficult to tell if it is authentic. I suppose the shell could be authentic with a new liner and paint. Can you take a picture looking straight down on the top and one more of the inside of the helmet over what would be the wearer's left ear? It's worn on that side. A close up of that worn spot would help.

Jay

Jay

casejane
    ?

Sorry...got sidetracked with the 2 year old Ok, here are the pics. Thanks for ur help, i really appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)   Identifying WW2 Japanese Helmet- NO CLUE:)  

this is a Swedish M26 helmet. Very common. Nothing Japanese about it. Have a look at Joseba's SUECO 26

I am sorry,
    Emile

I hope you didn't buy that one...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    this is a Swedish M26 helmet. Very common. Nothing Japanese about it. Have a look at Joseba's SUECO 26

I am sorry,
    Emile
    Emile is right on this one. In fact I've seen more of these repainted lids sold as Japanese on ebay.

Swedish M26

these were also used in Hollywood movie props with covers, in the movie Windtalkers they used some Swedish M26 with covers made to look like Japanese helmets

No wonder there weren't any holes in the top, there wasn't suppose to be. Thanks for clearing up the confusion I started! I need to broaden my horizons on helmets.

Jay