Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Article about: I have two British Mark IIs acquired separately. One had a page of Hebrew newspaper stuffed in it (this was in Texas!!!) My question: Does the Israeli connection mentioned in the description

?

Thanks BG not what I wanted to here is it safe to assume that the Israelis sourced some of the earlier liners and components from the US to use in there helmets.

Regards Mark

hi Mark,

it sounds like the seller pieced this set together himself from parts he found by the auction description:

I bought one of the U.S. M1 "looking" helmets with 3 bales (instead of 2) one in the rear. Researched it and found images of it from the Arab Israeli six day war in 1967. I also found a liner, chin strap and camo net that all came together well to make this helmet.

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Thanks BG not what I wanted to here is it safe to assume that the Israelis sourced some of the earlier liners and components from the US to use in there helmets.

Regards Mark
    Yes, the Israelis definitely received a large amount of US liners to use for their IDF helmets, Ive even seen several Vietnam era liners that have been rewebbed by the Israelis, they also used complete US liners & headbands with US maker markings and dates.

even if the liner is from Taiwan, it's still a possibility they would have used a Taiwan export liner in the Israeli M1

?

Thanks BG I had read his description so there was no illusion that all the pieces were married since the beginning I hummed and hawed about it for a couple of days do to the liner as I could not find a comparable but having a few other Vintage M-1 liners at home I thought it might be worth a punt if it did not sell to high .

Regards Mark

?

Thanks BG I have a US M-1 P-65 that needs a good home if need be .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

Hi Mark ,I'm really not clued up on the Israeli M1 but it looks a nice piece ,the net is reminiscent of the Norwegian m58 M1 clone
    Last edited by James C; 02-02-2022 at 08:33 PM.

?

Hi James thanks for your input the only thing that I am a 100% on is the helmet body and the harness so I may have to swap out and replace a few components to bring it back to its glory days it will be intresting to see once I get it in hand.

Regards Mark

Good stuff Mark i really like the burlap and rubber innertube combination or perhaps a section of left over tzahal netting from your last purchase ,ill look forward to the results mate
    Last edited by James C; 02-02-2022 at 08:34 PM.

?

Thanks James perhaps I jumped the gun on this example but I will get it all sorted out and bring it back to a presentable state I as well am really fond of the Hessian tube combination as seen used on period contemporary examples .
    Here is another I purchased this morning 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201

Regards Mark

the liner that comes with your Israeli M1 set is still a nice unusual liner that I dont see very often, so it would still be an interesting M1 liner varient to have in the collection

it could be a hard to find export liner that goes to another countries M1 possibly a Saudi / UAE export model

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast