Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Article about: I have two British Mark IIs acquired separately. One had a page of Hebrew newspaper stuffed in it (this was in Texas!!!) My question: Does the Israeli connection mentioned in the description

?

Thanx James I am having a lot of fun collecting post war helmets from around the globe just added a couple fresh new lids to the collection yesterday .

Regards Mark

Default IDF helmets

the width of the black rubber tubing varied by the individual, notice some soldiers had a very large piece of tubing on their helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

The tubing that goes around the rim is of a later era though. Like with the version of Mark.

?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    I have found on line in reference to the thickness of the tube I believe you are spot on and I will have to cut it down a bit to make it more period correct for the purpose of display.

Regards Mark
    Mark, could you please post the link for the on line reference, I would be interested to read it, personally I would be very surprised if there was any formal regulation related to tube width, you can see pictures from all periods with all widths, I always assumed it depended on the slice of the inner tube you acquired.

Thanks,
    Steve.

?

Hi Steve sorry bad choice of words I should have been more clear I found on line referance in the form of period images and for the most part the width does appear to be smaller on the pictures I examined from the 67 period at least with the para Mk II helmets.

Regards Mark

?

Thanks for the reply...the difference might be just a fashion statement....

Steve.

?

Good point Steve as to the reasoning behind my own decision to cut the tubing a little larger was so that I could tuck the camo net in behind it as it was a rather large net so that I could do away with cutting it and adding a string to hold it in place.
    And personal choice as I liked the way it looked with the wider band.

Regards Mark

I have had this standard British mk11 for a while now but of yet haven't posted it here ,i did initially post it in the British and Commonwealth section but the general consensus was I'ts a post war issue to Israel ,unfortunately no liner present on this Rubery and Co helmet dated 1940, just noticed whilst uploading the pictures I'm showing the rear of the helmet at the front IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Last edited by James C; 02-03-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Quote by James C View Post
    ive had this standard british mk11 for a while now but of yet haven't posted it here ,i did initially post it in the british and commonwealth section but the general consensus was its a post war issue to israel ,unfortunately no liner present on this rubery and co helmet dated 1940, ive just noticed whilst uploading the pictures im showing the rear of the helmet at the front i was so busy snapping away like david bailey i didn't notice IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Thanks for posting James and it goes very well with the battledress

Matt

Very interesting display James.
    Is that a hebrew stamp on the battledress?
    In the very early postwar years many of the MKII's and MKIII's weren't refurbished until later on. This is not regulation or "fashion" but simple practicality. Why fix something that isn't broken yet.
    This might be one of them. Very hard to say.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast