Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IDing Adrian Helmet

Article about: I bought this on eBay a while ago being the only bidder. It looks like a French WW1 Adrian but with a completely smooth front and a full black paint scheme. I posted this on another forum an

?

As you can see in the page, the Dutch shells came in the same version of blue as the above posted artillery helmet and were also painted black. They were mostly re-used later in ww2 by the Fascist 'Schalkhaar Politie', the voluntary LBD (LuchtBeschermingsDienst/Air-raid Protection Service) and home-guard services.

Here is a Dutch export-model painted in shiny black as regular use of the LBD. You can see part of the chinstrap and it looks quite a lot like the one in OP's provided pictures however the liner is a French/Belgian liner.
    Luchtbeschermingsdienst (LBD) / Air Raid Protection (ARP)

Another Dutch export-model used by the home-guard of Amsterdam. Note that the liner has discoloured somehow? It is of the same model.
    Nederlandse burgerwacht | Dutch civilian vigilante

So as you can see what all the Dutch export models have in similair is the base colour of blue (Also in French helmets as posted above) sometimes, as you can see in the home-guard helmet above they can also have some leftover green paint from its previous army service in the 1920's.

So heres what I'm looking at. The similarities of the liner would point it in the direction of being a Dutch-export model. Although it might be my poor eyesight It looks to be more green than black? If it is however, a black colour it may be a Dutch re-issued version used by the aforementioned organisations.

Regards,
    Bas

Edit: Could OP post some pictures with better lighting to compare the base layer of green? paint to that of the green 1915-1939 Dutch helmet colour.

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    As you can see in the page, the Dutch shells came in the same version of blue as the above posted artillery helmet and were also painted black. They were mostly re-used later in ww2 by the Fascist 'Schalkhaar Politie', the voluntary LBD (LuchtBeschermingsDienst/Air-raid Protection Service) and home-guard services.

Here is a Dutch export-model painted in shiny black as regular use of the LBD. You can see part of the chinstrap and it looks quite a lot like the one in OP's provided pictures however the liner is a French/Belgian liner.
    Luchtbeschermingsdienst (LBD) / Air Raid Protection (ARP)

Another Dutch export-model used by the home-guard of Amsterdam. Note that the liner has discoloured somehow? It is of the same model.
    Nederlandse burgerwacht | Dutch civilian vigilante

So as you can see what all the Dutch export models have in similair is the base colour of blue (Also in French helmets as posted above) sometimes, as you can see in the home-guard helmet above they can also have some leftover green paint from its previous army service in the 1920's.

So heres what I'm looking at. The similarities of the liner would point it in the direction of being a Dutch-export model. Although it might be my poor eyesight It looks to be more green than black? If it is however, a black colour it may be a Dutch re-issued version used by the aforementioned organisations.

Regards,
    Bas

Edit: Could OP post some pictures with better lighting to compare the base layer of green? paint to that of the green 1915-1939 Dutch helmet colour.
    In person, the color looks black. However, the color looks dark green when I turned on flash on my camera.

Pics:
    IDing Adrian HelmetIDing Adrian Helmet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2